30: Falling

Falling by Harry Styles
What am I now?
What if I'm someone you don't want around?
I'm fallin' again, I'm fallin' again, I'm falling

What if I'm down?
What if I'm out?
What if I'm someone you won't talk about?
I'm fallin' again, I'm fallin' again, I'm falling

And I get the feelin' that you'll never need me again

CHAPTER THIRTY

Nina was still in the middle of getting ready for Olivia's quinces. It starts off with a religious ceremony in a near by church. She was working later at the store after the ceremony but she was planning to follow to the reception some time after.

Victoria was still helping the twins get ready. There was that and also trying to explain that they were going to a birthday party after. They promised that Cesar could hitch a ride with them especially with him being Olivia's boyfriend and chambelan.

Oscar was in the middle of tying Cesar's purple tie. Every now and then he'd check on Cesar who still looked a little dazed. Cesar did throw up a couple of times that morning.

"You good?" Oscar asked for the nth time today.

Besides throwing up several times and his hair completely gone, Cesar was far from okay. Then again, he completely disobeyed his brother's command. He didn't end up killing Latrelle. Cesar could never. But Latrelle was long gone. He was more worried about the probability of his brother finding out.

"Y-yea," Cesar croaked just as Oscar finished tying his tie.

"It takes awhile but you'll get over it," Oscar assured giving him a pat on the back. His hand was heavy which caused Cesar to get out of balance a little.

"Hey, calm down and don't forget to breathe" Oscar reminded him as he placed his hands on Cesar's shoulders. "I'm proud of you. We're proud of you," he repeated his words from not long ago.

Cesar forced a small smile for his brother just as a knock is sounded from the door. "That must be Nina," Cesar mumbled.

"I don't want her knowing about this," Oscar says before walking over to open the door.

"She doesn't know?" Cesar questioned as Oscar shook his head as an answer.

"The last thing I want is for her to get involved with this. I don't want her meddling on this situation. That means, you don't talk about what you did. Alright?"

Cesar just nodded before Oscar walks over to answer the door.

Though what Oscar said was true but he knew it was way more than just simply finding out about what Cesar did. Nina wouldn't just meddle in, she'd go ballistic. Even though Oscar was calling the shots, if she found out that he had sent Cesar to kill someone Nina would never forgive him.

"Oh my God, you shaved your head!" Nina gasped grabbing the kid's head to see that indeed his hair was gone.

"You say that like you aren't dating my bald brother," Cesar jokes but pulls away from Nina's hold.

"Yea but that doesn't mean you had to look like him. I loved your hair," Nina pouted walking into the house to be greeted by Oscar soon after.

"Hey mamas," he nodded before pecking her lips.

"Did you really have to shave Cesar's head?" Nina pouted. "We all knew he was the only good looking one in the Santos," she added jokingly.

"But I'm your boyfriend," Oscar pointed out scrunching up his eyebrows.