8: Mistake

CHAPTER EIGHT

Across the street, everyone was having a good time as expected. Spooky missed all of this. He missed being home and being able to chill about his own house. He missed his little brother and his friends. He missed seeing all these people, not one person dressed in some orange jumpsuit.

Cesar was nowhere to be found amidst all the partying. The teen was there not long ago, he was either partying or hanging with Ruby Martinez. Spooky shrugged it off, he knew his brother was okay wherever he was.

Spooky's eyes scanned the scene as he brought his joint to his lips. All these girls. All these girls who had been trying to get it with him since the party started. But something in him wasn't satisfied just yet.

"You lookin' for someone Spooky?" Sad Eyes rolled up next to him holding a Corona.

"Crystal ain't here is she?" Spooky asked as he blew out his smok. He heard his friend click his tongue after taking a sip of his beer.

"I think I saw her grinding on some other puto at the back I don't know," Sad Eyes shrugged. "Spooky, you just got back home. Y'all boned before you got locked up. You really want Crystal to be your first now that you're back?"

"Like yea, go for the bitch ass puta named after some stripper. Honestly, you can't find no other hyna so you settle with some puta like her?" he judged even more. Spooky didn't even fight back as a snort escaped his lips.

All that smoke set him on a high he didn't want to come down from yet. On a regular, he wouldn't even disagree with what Sad Eyes said. Crystal was a bitch. But then again, it was all just sex.

"I wasn't with Crystal the night before I got arrested. Y'all kicked her out when we found her cheating right?" Spooky brought up. That suddenly gave him an idea. He found himself checking out the party again. She wasn't here.

"It wasn't the first time you found out she was cheating," Sad Eyes scoffed drinking his beer. His eyes widened for a second in realization. "Oh shit! Yea! So, who were you boning that night?"

Sad Eyes looked at his friend who was taking a drag from his joint. Spooky blew out his smoke feeling the tugging on the corner of his lips. "I ain't telling you shit, fool," he smirked.

"C'mon tell me. I'm curious," Sad Eyes started poking his arm. He remembered Spooky disappearing that night with some girl. The next day he was all smiley and shit until he got arrested. "Do I know this girl?" he asked even more.

"I ain't tellin' you shit, biatch," Spooky smirked even more. His eyes went back to the party, she still wasn't here. Sad Eyes was about to bother him again until they heard a certain someone emerge from the crowd of people.

"¡PAPI!"

Both their tongues clicked seeing Crystal starting walk over to them. "Aight, I'm gonna bounce. Cover my ass. Gracias, mano," Spooky clapped Sad Eyes shoulder as he attempted to get away from the scene.

"What? I don't wanna deal with her nasty ass!" Sad Eyes called out to his friend but Spooky only laughed as he kept walking away to disappear. "Pinche puto," he huffed scratching the back of his head.

Spooky found himself walking outside of his house. He nodded to the cholos and cholas hanging outside of his house. It wasn't until he noticed a small glow from across the street. Nina was cuddled up by herself, all her lights were off and he saw the glow on her face from the light of her laptop screen.

His eyes darted to a small cooler of cold beers they had outside. He takes two and he didn't exactly know what it was but he found himself walking over just so he could bug her.