28: Girl's Day

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

It took roughly around 20 minutes of Oscar scolding his little brother for getting rolled up on by a Prophet just a few nights after Thanksgiving. With that happening, a green light has been placed on Cesar. Oscar had forbade him from going outside, even if it was just going to school. Cesar was being placed under house arrest by his own brother until Oscar had this handled.

Oscar was on another level of stress when it came to dealing with the young Prophet$. The Prophet$ didn't run by a code and their younger recruits were even more ruthless. But for one of them to pull a gun on his own brother while he was out with his friend? They were beginning to cross the line.

Then again, Oscar should've seen this coming in the long run. He was scared for Cesar and the only way to get rid of this green light off of his brother was to get rid of whoever rolled up on him.

With what happened, he also feared for Nina's life. If they could roll up and pull a gun on his brother who was already a part of the Santos, let alone on his own girlfriend. Whatever the Prophet$ agenda was, they could simply threaten Nina just to spite him.

"Quédate aquí. I'm gonna go check on Nina," Oscar said running a had through his face.

"Oscar," Cesar muttered. "I'm sorry," he said hanging his head low.

Oscar knew it wasn't his fault. He was just mad. "Just stay here and lock the door," he said sternly before walking over across the street to Nina's window.

The lamp on her desk was turned off meaning she had probably already fallen asleep. But this conversation couldn't wait for tomorrow morning.

He tried tapping on her window and calling out her name. It took awhile before Nina realized it was Oscar and decided to open up her window.

"Good morning?" Nina yawned as she rubbed her tired eyes.

"Nina we need to talk," Oscar started accompanied by a serious expression on his face.

"You're not seriously breaking up with me after waking me up like this, are you?" Nina joked though a part of her felt a little scared with what he was about to say.

"No, baby, I'm not breaking up with you. ¿Puedo entrar?" Oscar asked more calmly making Nina breathe a little.

"Shit, for a second I really thought you were," She exhaled clearing her desk a little so Oscar could climb in through her window. And he entered the window swiftly. It hadn't really been the first time he had to sneak in and out like this.

"¿Está todo bien? ¿Qué está pasando?" Nina asked as she watched her novio climb in and shut her window.

"I don't want you going to work tomorrow," He started as Nina shot him a confused look.

"What are you talking about? What's going on?" She repeated watching Oscar looking behind him to check on his house.

"Cesar got rolled up on by a Prophet. The motherfucker pulled a gun on him and his friend Monse. With that kid pulling a gun on Cesar, means he's got a green light on him," Oscar explained with a hardened expression on his face.

"Oh my God," Nina muttered. "Is Cesar okay?" she worried.

"He's fine. I'm handling it tomorrow," Oscar assured. "But I don't want you around when it happens."

"Why? What will you do?" Nina questioned and Oscar could already see the fear in her eyes.

"Never mind what I'm gonna do. I'm keeping you and Cesar safe," he said sternly placing his hands on Nina's shoulders.