51: Anger

CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE

As the nightmares still came every night, Victoria had to wake Nina up and remind her that it was just a dream. The first few nights were okay but when the nights turned into a week and another Nina was starting to feel guilty. With that she moved back into her room and just tried to sleep.

When sleep never came to her she made herself busy with her own investigation. Tony's death was nearing it's one month mark and the police still weren't doing anything about it. Similar to Cesar's situation with Latrelle but Nina had enough as it is. With that, she decided to take matters into her own hands going around hacking into cameras of the near by establishments and cross referencing them to get the route of Tony's killer.

Low and behold after a few nights, she was right seeing a green low rider going about the streets during the same time of his death. Nina had figured out the pattern in terms of time and just like that Nina had cracked his case.

After a session in Brentwood she takes the bus back to Freeridge and walks towards the precinct. But after her talk with the lead detective about her case, things only got messed up putting Nina over the edge.

"Three goddamn weeks and still nothing! I try to give them some sort of tip only for a guy to show up to suddenly confess the entire thing? That doesn't make any sense!" Nina yelled looking at her laptop screen. Her with Victoria and her friends were on video chat in the dining area when the twins were asleep in their room with Bella.

"Nina, calm down you're gonna wake the twins," Victoria pleaded placing a hand on her arm which Nina quickly shrugged off.

"Isn't that good news? They caught the guy," Johann pointed out lightly. "I mean who is it then. Was it a Prophet?"

"No! It was some random guy named Keenan Copeland. Which doesn't make any sense because I mapped out the area that night using the cameras. Marcus' low rider was right there during that night. The time difference between Tony's death and him and his boys being there couldn't be a coincidence now would it?" Nina argued even more.

Victoria was starting to get frustrated seeing as Nina had no plans on keeping her voice down. She too was tired and the last thing she wanted was to put her kids to sleep again.

"And what did the police say when you presented your tip?" Joel asked.

"Said they appreciated it but they had things under control. When I tried to fight for it they threatened to detain me or something. Said I shouldn't be sticking my nose into their business when the clearly had it handled," Nina scoffed leaning back into her chair.

"Like I hadn't heard all of that before," she muttered under her breath thinking about Oscar. She still felt guilty over the whole heist planning thing. But Nina kept her promise on staying out of it. Which is why she went to the police instead of telling Oscar about her find. She was only met with disappointment in the end. Like she actually thought the police could do something about it.

Nina didn't say anything else after that as they all continued to catch up with each other. It was obvious that despite checking up on each other, they weren't exactly transparent with how they were feeling after what happened. Truth be told they all just going through their own struggle but for some reason they all felt their own invalidations of actually sharing their thoughts.

As the call ended, they all bade their farewell and goodnight to Nina and Victoria as it was already getting late at night. Shutting her laptop, Victoria noticed that Nina was still ticked off about the police.

"I'm telling you V it doesn't make sense," Nina pressed placing a finger to her mouth as she began thinking. "I'm positive it was Marcus and his boys cos who in the right mind just decides to walk in to a precinct and suddenly confess to murder?"