45: Happy Birthday

CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE

The Garcia-Santiago house was beginning to pile up with people to celebrate Nina's birthday. Even though Nina would've been pretty much satisfied with a small get together, her sister and Tony insisted on throwing her some sort of party. They invited the Martinez family including the Turners. Jamal's dad was willing to provide the food from Dwayne's Joint.

Of course the teens were invited too, including Jasmine. What made Nina really happy was the fact Victoria had to appeal to Oscar to have Cesar over for her birthday. At least just for one day anyways. Nina was over the moon seeing the young teen back. Having Cesar back was a big birthday gift enough knowing he was okay and healthy.

Even some of the Santos said they were dropping by later after they were done with some business. Nina didn't mind that but she was more worried about them finding out about her run in with Marcus the day before. Then again, it was her birthday. She shouldn't be getting worried about a thing. If she did, her sister would freak.

What also surprised her was the fact that Ruby helped a lot with the festivities. Even though he was going through a lot, he said he could use the distraction to help out with the party. The decorations around the house were simple but it reminded Nina a lot of her quinces with all the white and blue balloons and other decorations.

Seeing everyone in her house like this made Nina really really happy.

"You didn't have to do this. You should be with your parents," Nina said to Tony as he was in the middle of his second plate of food.

"Don't sweat it, Nina. I'm meeting with them in a minute," Tony smiled back at her.

"In a minute? Then what the hell are you still doing here?" Nina looked at him confused as he didn't seem to be in such a rush going over the pulled pork and other barbecue. Tony seemed relaxed as his phone buzzed in his pocket and a smile began to tug at the corners of his mouth.

He sets his plate down before taking Nina's hand. "Alright princesa, let's go meet one of your surprises," he smiled as he lead her to the door. They walked through the small crowd of people until they made it to the door.

Tony opens the door to reveal his parents. "Mom, dad, you're here!" he smiled before hugging them but Nina was practically over the moon to see her other guests.

"Mr. and Mrs. Rosario! Oh my God I can't believe you're here!" Nina grinned before going forth towards them to give them an embrace. Tony took a step to the side to hug his father.

"Nina! It's been so long, mija! You look beautiful!" Lydia Rosario, Tony's mother, cooed as she placed a kiss on Nina's cheek. She placed a hand under her chin to get a good look at the fine woman she had grown to be.

"Gracias, tía," Nina smiled at her before looking over at Tony's father. "Tío Andres, thank you so much for coming! You guys must be tired from your flight," she said happily for taking him in for a hug.

"Ay, it's no big deal, Nina. Anything for you and my son," Andres Rosario hugged her back. "You really are the spitting image of your mother. I truly am so sorry for your loss," he cooed pulling away.

"Gracias tío," Nina smiled back at him. She turns around for a moment to call her sister to inform her that they were going to be having more guests in the house. Victoria was just as happy seeing them, but of course she knew about their arrival.

"Señor and Señora Rosario, thank you so much for coming on such short notice," Victoria grinned as she hugged him. Nina looked at her sister in slight shock.

"You knew about this?"

"Of course I did," Victoria said proudly. "But this isn't your only surprise," she added with a nod. Nina looked at her confused trying to tame the excitement and anticipation she was feeling in her chest.