40: Sometimes

Sometimes by H.E.R
I had a day, I had a vision
This was the day I was supposed to be living
Instead of worrying 'bout the temporary things
I hate not knowing where it's gonna take me

So many no's, so many yes'
Ooh I was sure but now I'm guessing
Feel like my faith keep getting tested
I need a sign, I need a message
'Cause sometimes shit don't go your way

CHAPTER FORTY

Nina cried herself to sleep again that night. Partly because of her period but it was mostly about her feelings for Oscar. It still weighed on her but Angelica kept saying to give herself some credit since it was only a few days since it all happened. Every time she would think about what happened her heart would ache a little by little until she had to cover her mouth to muffle her cries.

She was still mad at him for what happened. At first it was because she just wanted to fix things about her outburst finding out about Cesar's situation. Then it was Oscar's mishap which made her so enraged. She still wasn't over the fact that she had busted someone up so badly because she was so mad. No doubt that Crystal would come for her soon.

All of that, and she hated how much she still cared for him. She'd been itching to find out about the story behind his busted up knuckles. Even though she had kept pushing that he beat someone up, it didn't exactly make any sense. The block was quiet because of the truce so it's not like he would beat up a Prophet. With the whole truce going on its not like they would make any enemies or start something up with other gangs.

The idea of him hurting himself like that bothered her greatly. She understood that he too was hurting and it pained her to think he would overwhelm himself with something like that. But if she wanted to get over what happened, she had to learn to care a little bit less. That unsent message was now deleted but she was still itching to find out about it.

Nina took a quick shower and got dressed because again she needed to be early for opening. She found herself wearing the same locket he had given her for Christmas. Despite what she was feeling, she didn't want to take it off. It wasn't until Victoria forced her to take Tony along with her, they bickered about it but Nina dragged his ass along in the end.

Tony was really helpful when it came to handling things in the store with Nina and Angelica. Berto saw his hard work and was willing to offer him up a job but Tony kindly refused. Every now and then, he would make these advancements to Nina who would, on way or another, try to shut him out after. Tony didn't exactly say anything about it so he decided to just run with it.

She was really grateful that even Angelica was making Tony busy with a few things at the back. Angelica knew who Tony was and seeing him in the flesh peeked her interest a little. This was besides the fact that Tony was good looking and charming. Angelica was more in it because of the chisme especially when Oscar and Nina had just broken up.

"Puedes tocar la guitarra," Berto walked up to Tony who accompanied Nina by the counter carrying one of his old guitars.

"You want me to play?" Tony asked humbly as Nina tried not to roll her eyes at him.

"My tío is really into musicians," Angelica said as she approached her tío.

Nina watched as Berto handed him the guitar, it warmed her heart to see Berto's expression. The older man looked so excited as he clasped his hands together. Tony adjusted his position so he could properly hold the guitar.

"I don't even know what to play," Tony chuckled to himself as he fiddled with the guitar strings.

"Cualquier cosa," Berto smiled with a shrug as he seemed excited seeing Tony about to play.