12: Cookies

Comfortable by H.E.R.
Touching's makin' me feel a way,
When I get around you, I lose it,
'Cause I feel so comfortable with you,
You make me comfortable with you

CHAPTER TWELVE

"Hey Spooky," Oscar looked up from his cup to see Sad Eyes about to leave. "I'm about to make that run now."

Oscar nodded and so did Sad Eyes before making his way out the door. He finished his cup of coffee before putting it down in the sink.

It was a busy morning for the Santos. All of his homies were making all these runs and drops while he barely had to lift a finger as of the moment. With the amount of work everyone was doing, he would be by himself for a couple of hours. Until someone stirs up trouble which was something he didn't want to deal with right now.

Cesar was at Ruby's house again along with his friend Jamal. Which reminded Oscar, he needed to talk to his brother about officially becoming a part of the Santos. Being a Santos was in his blood and he's been surrounded by it his entire life. Nothing would be different.

However, deep down, Oscar knew to not involve Cesar in this. He was a good kid who could actually make it out of here. He didn't like this kind of shit to make his life turn a 180. Oscar was the older brother. It was fine with him living this kind of life as long as he was calling the shots of the operations.

But jumping Cesar into joining the Santos wasn't his call but it was his boss', Cuchillos. If one were smart enough, one never argues with Cuchillos.

A knock by the door cut him off from his own thoughts. Oscar quickly grabs his gun and hides it behind his back. He slowly opens the door only to reveal his neighbor.

"Nina," he let out a heavy sigh. "What are you doing here?" He asked putting away the gun in his shorts.

"What? You can bother me reading or watching a movie but I can't bother you?" She joked. Her eyes began to trail up his stature making her eyes widen. "Were you seriously about to pull a gun on me?!?"

Oscar saw the fear beginning to linger in her eyes causing him to panic a little. "It's just precaution. I would never do that to you."

"Then what the fuck was that??" She gestured to him tucking away his gun.

"I'm Spooky, I got a green light on me everyday," he explained while Nina ran a hand through her hair in her momentary stress. "What do you want?"

"You seem to be dealing with business. Forget that I was even here, I'm sorry."

Nina turns to walk away until Oscar stops her. "Hey, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you like that. Like I said it's just precaution. Now, what do you want?" The last thing Oscar wanted was to scare her off like that.

"Mira, Cesar told me you knew a thing or two about cooking," she began. "With that said I need your help. Do you have any experience baking?" she asked as she fiddled with her fingers.

"Baking? For what?"

"The Daycare center is having this bake sale. Usually V and I make the cookies with a little help from the twins but she's over there right now to help set up. I'm in need of man power so I figured," she gestured to him. "You could be my extra man power. If thats okay with you?"

Oscar had time to kill so he figured why not. "What kind of cookies are we talking about?"

Nina smiled and brought him over to the house. It took her some time to realize this was the first time she had him over at their house for a change. Oscar scoffed at the view of their kitchen.