31: Two Weeks

Focus by H.E.R
But I don't wanna give up
Baby, I just want you to get up
Lately I've been a little fed up
Wish you would just focus on

Me
Can you focus on me?
Baby, can you focus on me?

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

Two weeks had passed since the shooting incident at Olivia's quince. Both her and Ruby were sent to the hospital. As they both fought for their lives, Olivia wasn't so lucky. Ruby's heart broke knowing the love of his life had passed away before he could even get to know their own love story.

Now he was stuck in a hospital in which his stay could last up until the end of the month. He couldn't even attend her memorial service nor could he spend Christmas with his family. For that matter, the teen was confined to a hospital bed trying to get over Olivia's death.

The Diaz brothers weren't exactly on speaking terms. Cesar knew how mad Oscar was knowing Cesar couldn't step up to the task. Cesar was in a shithole. After Oscar found out about how Cesar avoided the ditch he was originally in, his boss showed him no mercy.

Oscar was going back and forth with Cuchillos trying to reason out why the teen did what he did. For two weeks, the teen was locked up at home while attending school when he could.

After a time of debating between his boss, Cuchillos had given Oscar an order to kick Cesar out of the Santos. That meant kicking him out of the house and completely disregarding the fact that they were brothers. Cuchillos gave him the choice of turning his back on his own brother or the rest of the Santos had to suffer his little brother's mistake.

The Santos were a family but Cuchillos had forced Oscar to use his hand and turn the other way from Cesar. If not, the members of the Santos had to suffer one by one.

In fact, during those two weeks two members of the Santos had gone missing. One for each week. They would go missing by Monday morning and would be found beaten to a pulp just outside Prophet$ territory on a Sunday night.

First, Cuchillos had targeted Julio, one of the oldest members of the Santos. Next was a chola named Raquel. If Oscar made Cesar stay one more night, who knows who could be next.

"Pack your shit and get out," Oscar sneered at Cesar who sat on the edge of his bed.

"What?" Cesar's heart fell.

"You suddenly deaf?" Oscar raised his voice. "I said pack your shit and leave!" He yelled.

"B-but Oscar I-I'll be homeless," Cesar began to beg.

"Not my problem," Oscar scowled as he began to ball his fists. This was harder on him than Cesar could ever imagine. "Cuchillos forced my hand. You're done, kid."

He began to walk away until Cesar grabs his arm. "O-Oscar you can't do this please. I'm your brother," Cesar cried.

"But that doesn't make you a Santo!" Oscar yelled in his little brother's face. "Do you have any idea how badly you fucked up by not doing what I told you to do?" his nostrils were flaring with anger.

"O-Oscar please," the young teen cried once more. His heart felt heavy. He knew he messed up but he could never think that his own brother would turn on him that way.

The look on his little brother's face, it pained Oscar knowing he had to do this for the sake of others in Los Santos. But he had to take this step as Spooky. He had to keep everyone in line in this gang and exert a front of him as leader. If that meant throwing out his brother than so be it.

No matter how much it hurt him. It had to be done.

Oscar pulled away from his brother's grip and turned his back on him. "I got business. When I get back you better be gone," with that he had walked out the door leaving Cesar falling to his knees with tears streaming down his face.