53: Depression

CHAPTER FIFTY-THREE

"Could you really make a rocket, tía?" Alex's eyes lit up turning to Nina who was laying down on her bed fussing around with Bella. Nina frowned a little seeing Bella getting bigger. Bella was cute nevertheless but Nina felt like she somewhat missed out on her being a baby.

"A really thin and small one but I could make it go really really high up into the air," Nina said proudly making some sort of gesture with her hands to resemble the rocket flying upward. The twins looked at her in awe. "Every time I would launch it, it would make this really really loud sound."

"Like a sonic boom?!?" Penelope chirped up using her hands to gesture an explosion causing Nina to stifle a laugh.

"No, no. But imagine the sound of opening a coke bottle then make it a lot more louder," Nina clarified as continued playing with Bella on her bed. "A sonic boom would be too loud for a small rocket."

"So no sonic boom?" Alex pouted and Nina only shook her head. "Lame," he scoffed as Nina chuckled in disbelief of her own nephew.

"If you want, we could make it together next time," Nina encouraged causing the twins to jump up a little with joy. Their actions caused Bella to jump off the bed suddenly scared by the two children bouncing up and down.

"Oh no, we scared Bella," Penelope frowned hopping off the bed to hug the puppy and bring her back up to Nina.

"So what do you guys think of Brian?" Nina asked grabbing Bella to cuddle with again. Victoria brought him over once for dinner. He lived in Brentwood which surprised Nina knowing he was keen enough to come over that night in a place like Freeridge.

"He's okay. I think it's cool that he fixes up cars. He even got me that toy car remember!" Alex replied and Nina thought it was really coincidental that he owned a car shop and fixed up cars for a living. For a moment she thought he was an undercover cop like in the movie. But he really was just a guy who fixed cars.

"Yea I remember, Papito," Nina smiled at Alex. "What about you, Lupe? What do you think of Brian?" she asked turning to Penelope who suddenly became quiet the moment she mentioned Brian's name. "Aw baby, what's wrong?"

"I just don't want him to make Mama cry the way Andrew did. Mama was really sad at what Andrew said," Penelope frowned as Nina scooted closer to her little niece.

"Yea, I hope Brian treats her better too. I hope Brian doesn't make Mama sad. Ven aquí," Nina said opening up her arms to Penelope who crawled into her embrace. Bella moves over to Alex this time.

"Especially when Mama is sad because of tío Tony," Penelope frowned even more and Alex did too. "Sometimes I hear Mama crying at night and Papito and I don't know what do to make Mama happy," she added causing Nina to frown.

"When did you guys hear her crying?" Nina furrowed her eyebrows back and forth between the both of them. "Does she know that you've been hearing her cry?"

Alex nodded. "We went to sleep with her sometimes when you went back to sleep here. She says she missed tío Tony a lot and she says that she's worried about you because you get bad dreams of tío Tony every night," he answered in a small voice.

"Do you still have bad dreams, tía?" Penelope looked at Nina. Nina frowns and nods slightly making Penelope hug her a little tighter. Hearing it come from her niece and nephew brought a different kind of weight to bear.

"Does that mean you're still sad over tío Tony?" Alex asked and Nina nodded as well. Alex gently lays Bella somewhere on the bed before moving closer to Nina to give her a hug as well.