76: The Aftermath

Silence by Marshmello and Khalid
Yeah, I'd rather be a lover than a fighter
'Cause all my life, I've been fighting
Never felt a feeling of comfort
All this time, I've been hiding
And I never had someone to call my own, oh nah
I'm so used to sharing
Love only left me alone
But I'm at one with the silence

I found peace in your violence
Can't tell me there's no point in trying
I'm at one, and I've been silent for too long

CHAPTER SEVENTY-SIX

"You guys, wake up. We're here," Sad Eyes tried waking Nina and Oscar up from the back of the van that they were in.

Victoria drove them all the way to Chivo's house and they were all passed out in the car ride back. Nina and Oscar, needless to say, were beyond tired from all the bullshit they just went through. Being asleep together and holding hands in the back of a van was the best sleep they had in days

Sad Eyes tried shaking Nina a little more as Oscar wasn't budging. They all knew he was so tired and sore from what Cuchillos had been putting him through the past three days. Nina started to stir and Sad Eyes repeated that they arrived at Chivo's. She turns over to Oscar who was still fast asleep and sighed to herself.

What the hell did she do to you? She scanned over his scratches on his face, chest, and arms. But the one on his neck could've killed him. "Baby, wake up," she said to him softly shaking him a little. She leans over and places a kiss on the corner of his mouth and just like that he begins to stir himself awake.

"Wake up, mi amor. We're here," she repeated once more giving his hand a light squeeze. Just before they could get off the van they already heard yelling and cheering from two certain children from the outside. Nina perked up a little hearing the twins and Bella's barking.

Eventually, Oscar wakes up and Nina helps him get up from his seat. He follows her out of the van and shuts the door behind him. With that, the two of them by greeted by Alex and Penelope who had the two biggest smiles on their faces. Bella came running to them as well.

"Tía! Tío!" They both squealed as Nina and Oscar knelt down smiling as the kids ran over to them. Nina and Oscar were nearly knocked over from the weight of the twins. Their bodies were hurting but with the twins hugging them like this, the soreness and pain didn't bother that much.

"Guys be careful!" Victoria called after them as the twins got a little too excited seeing Nina and Oscar after how many days. The twins were scared knowing they had to say goodbye. When they would see their mother panicking over Nina and Oscar they would start panicking too. So seeing them here made them beyond happy.

"I missed you! I missed you both so much," Nina cried showering the both of them with kisses. "Have you been good to your mama while we were gone?" she asked them with a small smile on her face and the twins nodded.

"What happened to you tío Oscar?" Alex asked marveling at Oscar's wounds. "Did you get the bad guy?" he asked, his eyes filled with worry

"Did you get all those wounds saving tía? Como un caballero?" Penelope swooned a little looking back and forth between her tía and tío.

"We caught the bad guy," Oscar nodded. "But, actually, your tía saved me," he smiled a little glancing over at Nina. The twins gasped and denied for a moment but Nina and Oscar just nodded along with Victoria. She approached her sister, pulling her to the side for a moment's notice.

"Mana, I guess I must tell you that-"

Before Victoria could even finish her sentence a new batch of voice came roaring from inside the house making their way outside. "NINA?! NINA!" A chorus of voice became louder as three more people made their way to the door.