18: Ignoring

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

The next morning, Nina left before Oscar could wake up. She cared for Oscar without a doubt but she couldn't help but feel a little frightened with what happened. Call it being over exaggerated with her calling him out that he almost died but what if there would come a time where things got serious. She meant what she said when she didn't want to lose him either.

Nina had ordered Cesar to tell Oscar to stay at home and even taught him how to dress his brother's wounds. Every now and then she would even send in Victoria to do the work. Needless to say she was avoiding him after the incident. Which was advantageous on her part since he was practically on house arrest.

Oscar would walk over to their house to check up on her. Though they would text, Nina's responses were dry. It angered him how she was avoiding him like this.

She would leave early, even sometimes sneaking out the back door to remain unseen. Some of the Santos would visit the bodega but Angelica would cover for her as she simply hid out the back. Brentwood was a good cover for her as well. Oscar couldn't simply go check every house she would usually go to, cos that wasn't Freeridge anymore.

Oscar had enough. First it was over the stupid jumping Cesar into the Santos fight and then this. He thought she cared. If she cared for him at all then she wouldn't leave him like this. Especially after he decided to finally open his heart to her. Which was something rare for him.

"Oscar just leave her alone. She clearly just wants space," Cesar reasoned going after his brother who was about to leave the house.

"Space?! If wanted that she could've just said so!" He snapped at Cesar before making his way to the other house. He skips his way to the door and goes straight to her window.

This entire time she's kept her blinds shut but Oscar saw the illumination of her desk lamp seeping through its cracks. "Nina, open up!" he banged on the window.

Nina, being in hiding, jumped at the sound of his booming voice and the banging of her window. She was in the middle of revisiting advanced calculus for her tutorial session tomorrow in Brentwood. She didn't need this kind of bs and disturbance.

"I know you're in there!" his voice boomed again. "Open the fucking window!"

She groaned running a hand through her hair and face. After readjusting her glasses she was about to open her window until Oscar ended calling her name again, probably waking up the entire block.

"Shhhh!!!! Shhhhh!!! Oscar shut up! The twins are trying to sleep," she sneered in whisper opening up her blinds and her window.

"Why are you avoiding me?" he asked with a scowl. She understood his anger, she would be angry too if he was avoiding her like this.

"What are you talking about. I just texted you, fool," she replied showing him her phone.

"A haha you sent three hours ago," he growled which Nina found a little funny. She did her best to suppress her giggle but it only made things worse. "Look, I ain't playin'! Why are you avoiding me?"

"Oscar, I've been busy."

"Busy hiding."

"Ay, cabrón. You try revisiting and studying advanced calculus. It's been giving me a headache the past few hours and you banging on my window and shit ain't helping. So, cut it out," she complained. Though she really was telling the truth, that story only covered up her ass for today.

"Oh yea? Then what have you been doing for the rest of the week?" he challenged raising his eyebrow.

"Like I said, I've been busy."