41: Enchanted

Enchanted by Taylor Swift
This was the very first page
Not where the storyline ends
My thoughts will echo your name, until I see you again
These are the words I held back, as I was leaving too soon
I was enchanted to meet you

Please don't be in love with someone else
Please don't have somebody waiting on you

CHAPTER FORTY-ONE

Nina walks into her room seeing the really old looking amplifier that Victoria was talking about the moment she got home. Tony said that he needed to borrow it but the one that Victoria had was already busted up. At least she had something else to distract her for the rest of the night. After what happened in the diner that afternoon she needed a distraction.

She was able to calm Oscar down but she grew really mad at Tony for busting in and insulting him just like that. Tony kept reasoning with her that he just wanted to make sure that she was okay. He didn't exactly believe that they were just talking. But what irked her the most was the fact that Tony was making all of these negative assumptions about Oscar. She didn't exactly want to talk to him after that.

Until then, she busted out an old tool box she had hidden under her desk and cleared her table to start working. She inspects the amp with Victoria's guitar and aux cord. As she tried to strum a chord on the guitar all she heard was a terrible static sound. In the middle of her inspecting and opening up the thing, she opens up her window for air to come in. It was the first time she opened her blinds since her break up with Oscar.

One of the cholos on the lawn across the street nudges Oscar in the middle of him smoking his joint. His friend tells him what Nina is doing and he decides to go inside his house. He liked it when he saw her working like that. But if he were to give her the space she wanted, he'd have to push those feelings aside.

Hours pass and Nina was in the middle of fixing the thing from the inside. She was beginning to get high from all the soldering smoke and had barely noticed what time it already was. In the middle of her so called surgery, someone knocks on the door.

"You haven't eaten yet," she heard Tony's voice from the door. He brought her a plate of food that Victoria had made for her. V had told him several times that once Nina starts working, there was no stopping her.

"I'm not hungry," she answered him flatly and looking away from what she was doing.

Tony sighed placing the plate down on top of one of her drawers. "I'm just gonna leave it here in case you want it," he said but Nina still wasn't paying attention to him. "Nina can we talk?"

"I'm busy," she answered in the same tone as she did before.

"It'll only take a minute and you need a break. It's ten o'clock," Tony reminded her which made her look at her phone.

She'd been working on the damn thing for three hours and it still looked like a freaking mess. This made her grow even more frustrated as she sighs heavily. Regardless she goes back to work.

"Nina," Tony called again making her finally turn around.

"Oh my God, Tony. What?!" She snapped at him as she set her glasses on top of her head. "What could you possibly want to talk about? I just said I was busy," she added aggressively.

"Take a break and eat and then I'll go," Tony bargained calmly tilting his head over to the plate full of food.

Nina kissed her teeth as she rolled her eyes at him. Tony felt ashamed knowing that he had made her this angry from what happened. He hadn't spoken to her ever since they got back to the table. On top of that, he knew that Oscar was planning to kill him anytime soon.