42: Let's Hurt Tonight

Let's Hurt Tonight by One Republic
Oh, I know that this love is pain
But we can't cut it from out these veins, no

So, I'll hit the lights and you lock the doors
We ain't leavin' this room till we both feel more
Don't walk away, don't roll your eyes
They say love is pain, well darling, let's hurt tonight

CHAPTER FORTY-TWO

If it weren't for the alcohol Nina would've probably stayed awake the entire night. The shots knocked her out soon after Tony had left the room. She woke up to the cool morning breeze and a headache but she had to man up and go to work after.

For a moment she did forget about what she was feeling with Oscar but then things took 180 when she and Tony kissed. She didn't exactly know why they kissed or why she had decided to kiss him back. She blamed it on the alcohol all day but talking about how things used to be gave her a different feeling in her chest. That weird feeling of nostalgia and longing.

Now she really did feel worse than she did the past few days. It was a good thing that Tony had left early to go downtown, she didn't exactly want to see him after what happened last night. Not one text or call came from either of them.

Neither of them wanted to talk about last night. Tony had a girlfriend back home and Nina was trying to get her head straight with Oscar. But they both decided to act stupid and kiss.

Them kissing wouldn't stop playing in her head and every time it did, it gave her another feeling of pain in the head. The fool knew she was lying to herself every time she said she would no longer drink like that.

Even though she made a rule of not looking at her phone, she did so anyway. Each time she saw Oscar's face the guilt was eating her alive. She treated the situation unfairly. She was no better than Oscar. Just because she wanted space for herself to get over what happened doesn't give her the right to kiss her ex like that. Alcohol and everything.

But it's not like Oscar had to find out.

"You've been awfully quiet today," Angelica said as she popped out of nowhere in the middle of her tagging all the canned good.

"I just got a lot on my mind, that's all," Nina shrugged not even bothering to look at her friend.

"What's new? You never stop thinking," Angelica joked but Nina wasn't laughing as she concentrated on tagging all the cans. "Dude, I'm kidding lighten up," she teased bumping Nina's hip with her own snapping her out of her thoughts.

"Girl you okay?" Angelica placed a hand on her hip. "You know if you wanna get over Spooky, you gotta stop thinking about Spooky," she pointed out.

"I'm not thinking about Oscar," Nina answered hurriedly. Not entirely at least.

"Then what else could you be thinking about?" Angelica pressed as Nina stayed silent. "I swear, Nina, you scare me sometimes. Like if you go silent like that, for all I know you could be trying to build some... I don't know a weapon or something crazy-"

"Tony and I kissed."

Angelica had accidentally knocked over a can in shock. Nina didn't know why she had blurted that out all so suddenly. Both her and Angelica were in shock with what she just said.

"Is that what all the alcohol was for? Did y'all plan that shit?" Angelica said in shock as Nina shook her head in disapproval of herself. "Damn, do you realize that you did Spooky dirty like that? Asking for space but then kissing your ex? I mean come on-"

"I know. I know. I know. I fucking know," Nina whined as she gently banged her head on the shelf. "I know I needed space and I love him so much-"

"Which one?"