54: Acceptance

La La Lost You by Niki
Feelin' low on the low, drivin' through NoHo
If I'm honest, I'd call, but I'm trying to let go
And I hope you're happy livin' life in taxis
But you'll always have me
You'll always have me

CHAPTER FIFTY-FOUR

Compa! I said I can't go! I'm working at the bodega in a few," Nina tells Sad Eyes who was outside her window trying to get her come to a party at one of the Santos houses.

Around two weeks had already passed since their talk in the park. Nina had to admit she was getting better since then. But when she thought about getting back on her feet she'd find herself in a bad place. Sad Eyes made things a little better. They'd been talking more lately and Sad Eyes had told her about this party for awhile now.

Despite thinking about having better moments she still chose to lock herself up in her room or keep herself busy with work since she didn't feel like putting herself out there just yet.

"I know! But here you are watching Phineas and Ferb again. For fuck's sake fool, you're 22 years old!" Sad Eyes pointed out making her blush of embarrassment.

"You know for a person who wants to be an engineer it's a really really great show that inspires young kids to be creative. It has the right amount of humor and a good amount of classic song numbers," Nina retaliated, pointing at him naggingly and everything.

"There's that and I have a kid later in Brentwood," she added as a cover up since she was going to be working in the bodega the whole day because Angelica was going to said party.

"Stop making excuses! I already texted Berto, I know you're working in the bodega for the rest of the day. He already said that you could go cos he thought change could be good for you," Sad Eyes nodded as Nina rolled her eyes. "And Angelica and the other hynas are already at the party."

Which no doubt meant Jessica would be all over Oscar too.

"All the more reason you should come. Show that fool what he's actually missing," Sad Eyes shrugged making Nina realize she said that line out loud.

"Danny, I don't know if I want to put myself out there yet okay?" Nina whined not really wanting to go to the party. She had already slept in and she was planning on doing it again until it was time for her to work.

"Ah-ah, no! You ain't gonna try and sway me by calling me by my first name, Rosalía," Sad Eyes retaliated calling Nina by her middle name causing her to roll her eyes.

"How you gonna know unless you actually put yourself out there?" he pointed out. These random pep talks were starting to grow on her if she were being honest. "Now, get dressed. We're going," his tone was final.

"I don't want no plain t-shirt or a basic ass outfit! I want you to look poppin'! I want you lookin' fine as hell!" He added as if he was telling her off which again made Nina give him a puzzled look at what he just said.

"I don't really know how girls talk," he said softly making Nina chuckle.

"You're weird, Sad Eyes," she judged. "What is this party for anyway?"

"Maybe if you didn't keep watching Phineas and Ferb all day you'd know the Freeridge Savings Heist was today," Sad Eyes explained as Nina's eyes grew wide.

"You're plan worked, Nina."

"Holy shit! No fucking way," Nina gasped as she pieced that the party was of celebratory purposes. She couldn't believe that Oscar pushed through with that whole entire thing with none of his homies getting caught.