69: Turns Out I'm 100%

CHAPTER SIXTY-NINE

"Spooky, you could've told me that Nina was so skilled. First she's super smart and then I see her pull that off. You could've told me about her much sooner," Cuchillos mused to Oscar. I didn't even know she could do all that. Shooting and handling a gun, he figured. Beating the shit out of people, he saw that too. But what the fuck was that?

"If I would've known that she was so skilled I would've jumped her in much sooner. Regardless if she's my niece or not. She really is an asset, you should think about it," Cuchillos added and Oscar was doing his best to stay composed.

He agreed on the fact that even though Nina knew how to handle herself, very well for that matter, but that didn't mean that she was needed to be dragged into this mess. Oscar had been a liability to her as it is with him calling the shots on the streets and being the only one involved. It was messy as it is and Nina was nowhere near of being deserving of it.

"What do you wanna do?" Oscar asked her lowly. One thing was for sure, there was no way in hell that he was jumping his own girlfriend into Los Santos.

"Tell her I'm giving her 72 hours to rethink the offer and make sure she makes the right choice," Cuchillos nodded before telling him to walk back. Oscar nods and turns around only to be called by Cuchillos again. "And Spooky!"

Oscar turned to look at her again. "You have good woman on your hands. Cuida bien de mi sobrina," Cuchillos smirked before walking away from him.

Oscar looked to the floor as he walked back inside the Warehouse. He looks at Nina and notices that she was suddenly in a daze. All the Santos wouldn't shut up about what happened. Gabriel and Martín were slowly taking a hint amidst their fangirling as Sad Eyes tried comforting Nina who still seemed so out of it.

"Todos ustedes tienen negocios. ¡Sal de aquí!" Oscar ordered. All the murmurs started to die down as the Santos started moving so slowly to get out. "¡Ahora!" he yelled once more causing the Santos to pick up their pace.

Sad Eyes claps Nina on the shoulder finally snapping her out of it. Nina says her goodbyes to some of them and Oscar walks up to his novia. "Hey, you good?" he asked her softly. Nina just shook her head before pulling Oscar into a hug. She doesn't cry, she just ends up embracing him tightly.

"I wanna go home. I need a drink," that's all she says to him.

Oscar understood as he held her for a few minutes longer. Eventually the two of them pull away from each other and Nina helps Oscar in putting away the fire arms that was laid out on the table. Oscar locks up the Warehouse and they driver back to Nina's house in silence. A few words were exchanged from the both of them, even when they took a shower together after they had food delivered.

It wasn't until that Oscar had to leave for business at Dwayne's Joint and Nina dreaded that momentarily fact that she was alone with her own thoughts. She texted Victoria saying that there was a problem back in Freeridge and told them to stay with Brian for the meantime. Victoria was confused on what was happening. Nina sounded dismissive and refused to pick up the phone when Victoria tried calling.

She was starting to get worried and Nina didn't know how to even start explaining all of this to her. She figured that the less Victoria knew about it the better. It wasn't like she could explain that her father and tía were Santos because of that she was probably going to get jumped in herself. It was all still a lot of her to take in but she couldn't stop thinking of the offer and time she was given.

She finally got that drink she wanted using that bottle of whiskey when one of those times Oscar was over. It was just her on the counter by herself going back and forth between the pros and cons until she managed to down her fourth drink and was starting to feel a buzz.