48: Sad Songs

Into Your Arms by The Maine
I'm falling in love but I'm falling apart
I need to find my way back to the start
When we were in love
All things were better than they are
Let me back into, into your arms

CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT

"Sir, if you could kindly just step back from the yellow tape. Thank you," a police officer said to Oscar before he could take any step further.

The CSI team continued taking pictures of the crime scene and labelling any evidence they could find. The EMTs simply stood on the side at this point, they had lost him as a pool of blood surrounded his body. One of the cops were talking to a possible witness of what happened in the hopes of getting a statement.

Oscar's blood ran cold as he stood there frozen in shock. He had seen scenes like this. Maybe way too many times to actually count. He had lost people too. So of course he was saddened by the view before him but what scared him was the fact that Nina was in his car. Merely a few feet away from the crime scene.

After whatever happened at the concert, the next time she would see her friend was him lying drowning in his own blood.

He had fail to notice the sound of his car door closing shut and the sound of rubble on the road as Nina walked. "Ma'am if you could please step aside," One of the officers said to her but she kept walking anyway ignoring the officer's pleas.

As Nina walked closer, not believing what she was actually seeing, it was as if all life had drained from her body. She was on the verge of another breakdown. No it can't be. Oscar had finally heard the calls of the officer prompting him to turn around and run to Nina.

"Nina, get back inside the car. Please, just get back inside the car," Oscar pleaded putting his hands on her shoulders to stop her from walking any further but Nina's eyes were locked on the body as her eyes began to water.

"Step aside, Oscar. Let go of me. Let me go," Nina answered him in a menacing voice trying to push him a side. The two of them struggled until she had finally pushed him aside. 

"It can't be. No way. This can't be happening," her lip trembled in fear and in guilt as her eyes locked with Tony's lifeless one's.

The light in his eyes were gone, his body had lost some of its color. His shirt had this huge blood stain by his chest that went all the way down to his abdomen and the area surrounding where he laid dead.

It was as if Nina's body had lost all warmth as she felt prickling sensations all over her body. This couldn't be happening.

"TONY!!!"

Nina cried out attempting to go over him. She didn't care if she was walking into the damn crime scene. Her best friend and first love laid there dead. To think it was only a few moments ago where they had kissed and cried.

Oscar ran over to Nina to stop her from going any further. The cops began to intervene as well, giving them another warning about them taking a step further. As chaos arose at the scene, Nina had gone deaf hearing nothing but a flatline ringing in her ears drowning out the noise of her cries and screams.

She wailed and writhed in Oscar's grip and he struggled carrying her back to the car. He gripped on her tight as he tried to hold in the tears of seeing Nina going hysterical in her own pain. No matter how much he tried to calm her down, none of it was working. She was beating and clawing against his arms and upper body trying to run over to Tony.

The past two weeks have been a different kind of challenge to Nina. Going back and forth with her feelings for two men she cared about so dearly. Attending to Tony and her friends while focusing on getting that space with Oscar. She was beyond emotionally exhausted. But seeing Tony's dead body being covered with a white sheet had broken her.