72: Endgame

CHAPTER SEVENTY-TWO

Nina had finished getting ready. That meeting with 19th Street was in two hours. They'd have to kill someone in two hours. Technically speaking, Oscar was going to kill Cuchillos. They had went back and forth with each other but Oscar seemed to had more reasons to pull it off. There was that and the fact that Nina still couldn't handle it even though she kept pushing she could.

The thought of it barely got her any sleep and the only thing that was keeping her at bay was Oscar.

Oscar was going out of his mind too. Besides keeping Nina company and handling business over the phone, he'd been asking around about his father. Turns out that Cuchillos made him take the fall back in the day to the point that she did him dirty. Cuchillos took it upon herself to make the Santos turn on him. It's because of her Oscar had to continue living in this shit show.

Maybe one of the reasons why Ray was ashamed of ever keeping in contact with his family was because of what Cuchillos did to him. But Oscar could only speculate on it. All he knew was that his family wouldn't be sacrificing for her anymore.

All in all they both had grievances against this bitch and they both just wanted her gone.

"What are you thinking about?" Oscar asked as he continued to pet Nina's hair. They were both in his room just cuddling for comfort. Their legs were entangled and Nina rested her head against Oscar's chest with her arms wrapped around his waist.

"That I'm going to my first ever Santos meeting," Nina chuckled sarcastically. "And the fact that we actually have to get rid of a person if we ever wanna make it out alive," she added and things took a darker and gloomier turn for the both of them.

"Did the kids ever find Lil' Ricky?" Nina asked thinking that maybe if they did, things could some how turn around. But she knew damn well that was too far of a long shot. Oscar shook his head.

"She's crazy for pulling them into this. What was she thinking sending kids to find someone who doesn't wanna be found?" Oscar said lowly. Of course he was beyond furious that his boss was crazy enough to involve kids into some vendetta.

"Stacey seems smart to know that kind of thing. So why would she try tying up loose ends by just making more loose ends?" Nina pointed out and Oscar kissed his teeth feeling his anger boil up with the idea. It took a few moments until Nina finally understood. 

"She's getting rid of them all together isn't she?"

Nina looked at Oscar and all he could offer her in that moment was a look of remorse. It sunk into Nina's system slowly, of how fucking psychotic her aunt actually was. This was the kind of person they were going to be dealing with. 

"She's fucking out of control. First she starts with my father, then she sends my brother and his friends into something they're not coming out of. Then it's you and your family," he practically growled for the likes of it. "All the more reason why we do what we gotta do later. All this shit has to stop."

Nina was connecting the dots even more. If everything goes wrong later and they don't get the job done, it's Oscar that's next and then it's her. Then their families. There was no point on stopping as long as Cuchillos came on top. They had to end this now.

"What does 19th Street say about working with the Santos for neutrality?" Nina found herself asking not wanting to focus on the negative side. But she really couldn't help it at this point. "Technically speaking you can talk to me about this stuff since I am a Santo now," she pointed out with a light laugh but Oscar wasn't really laughing.

"I offered them our connect and portions of our profit," Oscar sighed. "I said I was gonna treat them equally but Cuchillos didn't want that. She never wanted that with me either. She treats no one fairly or as an equal. There is no one above her. She's fucked up like that."