56: Out Of The Black

Punch Bag by YONAKA
Don't underestimate me, it will be bad
I'll be the heart ache that you're going to have
And you'll regret ever making me sad

Let's have a moment of silence
To remember the violent
All the seekers and the hiders
And the ones that could never find us

CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX

"Never really thought the Santos would be so keen on setting up a party like that for the twins," Nina mused looking at Oscar's phone. Two weeks had passed since their night together and today would be the day Alex and Penelope turned four years old.

While the twins spent the night in Brentwood getting to know Brian. Victoria and her kids were having breakfast over there while Nina and the Santos would help set up the party. But Nina had to work a little leaving the Santos to do all the setting up with Oscar spear heading the entire operation. Nina was quite surprised that none of them were really complaining about it.

"They love you and your family. They seemed pretty excited about it if you ask me," Oscar said going through the other pictures on his phone until he suddenly lands on a picture of Alex and Penelope getting their faces dirty with ice cream taken a few days ago.

"Can't believe the little homies are turning four," he smiled a little looking at the two as Nina frowned looking at how big they've gotten.

"I know. I remember just holding them when they were a lot smaller. They're growing up so fast," she said sadly looking at the picture. The twins were over the moon hearing that Nina and Oscar were back together saying that they got one of their best friends back.

"Damn, you guys get back together and y'all are starting sound like parents. What happened to taking things slow with the whole future talk?" Angelica popped out of nowhere joining the two of them by the counter.

"We were just talking about the twins getting older," Nina clarified, her eyes widening for a moment. "Angie, what are you doing here? I thought you were on a day off that's why I picked up a few hours at the bodega," she furrowed her eyebrows.

"If I stay at home I'm just gonna feel pissed at Mario since all I ever think is me driving his head through a wall," Angelica said aggressively making both Nina and Oscar's eyes widen at how violent that all seemed. "So I decided to come here and clear my head."

"O-okay but you are coming over later right? It's their birthday," Nina asked.

"If Mario's gonna be there then I'm not going," Angelica shrugged off causing Nina to frown a little.

"It's Alex and Penelope's birthday. If they want you to be there then forget about your puto problems," Oscar said and Angelica rolled her eyes.

"So suddenly you decide to be their dad or what?" Angelica said flatly which only made Oscar scowl. That was straight up disrespect right there. Oscar didn't need that kind of foul feeling especially when he was going to face the twins later.

"Hey," Nina called Angelica out as she placed her hand over Oscar's feeling him tense up a little with what Angelica said. "Look, Oscar's got a point you should come but if you don't want too then we can't exactly force you."

"Yea, whatever," Angelica said before walking away from them leaving Nina a little stunned.

She knew that she was angry with the whole Mario thing but Nina didn't exactly have right to tell her about what happened. And with all the chisme it's amazing how Angelica only found out about it a few weeks ago. But with her anger and frustrations coming off like this, it was bringing the mood down for the both of them.