117

I completely forgot about homework I had to do. It's due in an hour and I just remembered. Luckily, it was easy and I just had to write some notes on a picture of the cycle of water and I just turned it in. To celebrate that I turned it in just in time, I am updating once again today.

Enjoy ;)

-

"The last thing we need is toilet paper." Charlie told me. He had taken on the responsibility to go grocery shopping and I had offered to tag along, mostly for a specific reason. "Mum just bought some a few days ago but then Fred and George got a brilliant idea."

The twins had used the toilet paper and butter to make a figure. It was a dumb idea. The butter was for the fundament of the figure and the toilet paper was to wrap around it. Don't ask me how that would work as I don't see it either. It didn't actually work so they had wasted a lot of butter and toilet paper.

"Lizzie?" Charlie called when he noticed I wasn't following him anymore. My top teeth sunk into my bottom lip as I looked at what was in front of me. Should I? Was I? "Liz?"

Charlie showed up behind me and placed a hand on my shoulder, causing me to look at him. "Do you think you might be?"

"Maybe. I don't know." I frowned. "I've been quite emotional lately and in the last couple of mornings I've felt sick, nauseous mostly."

"Okay." he breathed and grabbed one of the pregnancy tests from the rag, putting it in the basket.

I didn't know if the possibility was there. I had sex with George on the 15th which was a week ago so I couldn't see how I could already be showing the signs. That means it had to be from three weeks ago and that would make me five weeks along if I was pregnant.

"Come." Charlie motioned towards the direction of the toilet paper and I silently followed him. "Who knew that George would be the first in the family with a child."

"Don't jump to conclusions." I laughed softly. "It's just a feeling I have and I don't want to get my hopes up in case it's nothing."

"You don't want to get your hopes up?" he asked and looked at me. "Meaning you'd be happy if you were to be knocked up?"

"I believe I would." I nodded. "I might be young but George and I have always talked about our future and having children."

"Well, didn't your mum have your brother when she was nineteen?" he asked in which I responded with a nod. "If you are pregnant, you'd be giving birth in what... eight or nine months? You'd be nineteen."

I wasn't going to tell George. Only if the test came back positive. I knew that no matter what, no matter how old we were, he'd get too excited and if it was negative, he'd be bummed. I didn't want that to happen to if it was positive, I'd tell him straight away but otherwise he wouldn't know a thing about it.

Charlie paid for everything, even demanded to pay for the pregnancy test even though I had brought money for it myself. We were in a Muggle grocery shop in Chester, not long from the Burrow. The Weasleys love shopping in the Muggle world and I couldn't lie... so did I. I had some Muggle money from when George and I went on a date in London so I did have money for the test but my dear brother-in-law ended up buying it for me.

We hid in an alleyway afterwards and then apparated back to the Burrow. The house was quiet as it was the early morning and we were the only ones awake. Charlie went into the kitchen to put away groceries while I hurried up to the bathroom and locked myself inside.

I sat on the toilet seat with the test in my hand as I unpacked it. A frown spread on my face when I saw two tests inside and read the package on how to tell the answer.

1 line = negative
2 lines = positive

What the...

That's not how the test my mum used looked like. The one she used when pregnant with Ben was one that showed either a witch or a wizard if pregnant. It could determine the gender already from the beginning. As I liked to believe, the test looked into the future to see if my sibling was going to be a boy or a girl. If it was negative though, the test would have a sad emoji on it. Obviously if you didn't want to know the gender, you could buy one that just showed a wand if positive.

This one was different and I had never seen it before. It didn't look like it showed the gender, but only the pregnancy. How odd. Maybe there was another kind that also showed the gender, maybe I just hadn't seen it.

I did what the instructions said, peed on the stick, laid it on a flat surface and waited for five minutes before I looked at it, a breath leaving my mouth. "Oh."