123

Before we knew it, we were returning to the flat above the shop on Diagon Alley. It was January 8th of 1997 and the holidays had been great.

My auror training was starting again tomorrow and so was the shop. I think all three of us were excited to get back to the everyday life of school and work.

Next weekend Deanne was coming to stay with us, sharing a bed with Fred of course. I never imagined that my cousin and I would be with twins. I never imagined that my husband's twin brother would be dating my cousin. I never imagined that... I think you get the point.

I haven't seen Kathleen for a while. She was meant to be there with us at the Burrow but at the last minute, she was sent to Africa for some assignment for the Ministry, though she will be back in London next week and I am definitely going to see her after school.

My first year of auror training is almost finished. Only five more months. Time goes by so fast, doesn't it? Feels like it was yesterday I started my sixth year at Hogwarts. The year where everything changed. The year we figured out that Voldemort was back, though no one believed it until he killed Sirius back in June.

Being married to George is both weird but also so amazing. Most days I don't even think about it. I forget that we have a marriage license that connects us, that we both wear rings as a symbol of our love. It's just such a natural thing to me. He's a part of me and I... I'm a part of him too.

"Making my way past!" George declared, resting his hands on my hips as he carefully slid past me to reach the cabinet with the plates as I had told him to set the table. "Are those new?"

"What's new?"

"Your pants."

I looked at George, his eyes on my trousers. I chuckled, looking down at my trousers before I looked at him again. "I bought them at the start of our seventh year... in Hogsmeade."

"Oh really? I don't remember ever seeing them on you."

"I remember." Fred apparated into the kitchen, giving me a fright and I glared at him. "What? I do!"

"There are literally less than ten feet from your room." I told him. "You did not need to apparate."

"No, didn't need to but wanted to. There's a difference, sweetheart."

I raised my eyebrows at him, placing a hand on my hip and he immediately jumped off the table. "Right... can I help with anything?"

"You can help George set the table." I told him, my eyes flicking to my husband who watched me through a grin. He pushed himself away from the counter to talk over to me and a smile spread across my face when his arms went around me and he kissed my cheek.

"You've gotten so bossy over the years, my love." he whispered, kissing me again. I giggled when he nipped at my neck as if he hadn't eaten for months, then forced himself away to set the table.

"George, you're being a weirdo." I smiled, glancing at him. He turned around to face me, backing up towards the cabinet.

"Yes, but I'm your weirdo." he grinned, holding up his hand where the wedding ring sat. He wriggled his fingers and lowered his voice into a whisper."Forever!"

He winked at me as I laughed. I went back to cooking and he went back to helping Fred with the table. Cooking for these two was fun. I knew the food they liked and I knew that no matter what, they appreciated me so much that they would eat it even if they didn't like it. Thought, I could tell if they didn't like the dish, they just never wanted to say anything.

"Not if you get a divorce." Fred told us. "Ow! George don't hit me! That hurts!"

"We won't get a divorce." I told my brother-in-law. "Even if we start fighting in twenty years and he wants one, I'm keeping my claws in and I won't allow him to divorce me."

I looked at the two of them, seeing them stare right at me as if I said something that was both weird and cruel. I didn't. I just expressed that I never wanted to be separated from my husband. I didn't believe we would ever end up in a situation where one of us would want a divorce. That was never going to happen. I was sure of it.