124

"Father!" I called into the room. The dark and cold room. "I'm not letting you scare me! You can't win! You and the Dark Lord will lose!"

"Is that what your brother told you?" his voice echoed through the room. "Sebastian has always manipulated you into thinking the same as he. You don't think I saw? I've watched you. I always watched you. You thought I was dead but I was right here.. in the backyard behind a bush, in your bedroom at night, watching you sleep, making sure you were safe."

"You're a monster! You're disgusting and I will kill you one day!"

"One day maybe." his voice echoed. "Dear, dear Elizabeth. Things would be so much easier if you just surrendered. Come and join us. I will keep you safe and I won't have to hurt your husband."

"Leave him alone!"

"Wake up, Elizabeth. Wake up and climb out of your husband's arms. I'm waiting for you. I'm right here."

"What do you mean?"

He stepped into view and smiled at me. It wasn't a smile of happiness and it wasn't sweet. It was cruel. It was a smile full of teeth but it was cruel and it was vile. "Wakey wakey."

I sat up, a gasp leaving my mouth. My eyes were wide, I could barely breathe and the blood was pumping through my veins faster than it was supposed to. I could feel my heart against my rib cage. I was scared. I couldn't hide that.

"Liz." George whispered from behind me as he slowly sat up. "Come here. It was just a..."

"It wasn't just a dream." I interrupted and got out of bed quicker than George could grab me. "He's here. He's here... somewhere."

"Lizzie, calm down. You were having a nightmare. He's no here. Come back in bed." he spoke as I rushed out of the bedroom and around the corner to the living room. I gasped loudly, seeing the figure stand near the open window. I had been so frightened that I fell to the floor, staring at the dark figure. He stepped into the light from the moon and his face revealed itself. No...

"Hello Bessie."

I couldn't speak. My throat was dry and I felt like I was going to faint. My body was shaking. All the reactions my body had right now was must severe than when I woke up from my regular dreams. Though this hadn't been a regular dream. It felt more real than any dream I had ever had.

My father sent a wink my way before he suddenly turned into some kind of black cloud and flew out through the window. Just as he had vanished, George came running out of the room and found me on the floor. I flinched when he first touched me on the arm but when I saw him, I relaxed a bit and let him pull me into him as we both sat on the floor.

"He was... he..." I tried to breathe properly. "He was right here."

George shushed me slightly, swaying me back and forth in his arms while he pressed a kiss to my head. "I know. I heard him."

Then I started crying. I cried into his chest. I cried because I was scared, because I saw my father for the first time since he kidnapped me back in May, because I no longer felt safe. If he could break in here, he could break in anywhere and learning that he had watched me all those years when we thought he was dead...

"What's happening?" Fred emerged from his bedroom. "Whose voice was that?"

"Her father." George told him and everything was quiet for a moment except from my sobs. Then Fred rushed to the opened window and closed it. George kept swaying me in his arms, continuously stroking my hair.

"Her father?" Fred asked from where he was standing by the window. "Adrian Blossom?"

"Or Jonathan Ibex... whatever he calls himself." George sighed before he pulled his head back, gently guiding my head to look at him. "Are you okay?"

"He's never going to stop." I whispered. "It's my fault. I'm so sorry. I should go... find somewhere else to..."

"No!" George raised his voice. His eyebrows came together in a frown as he watched me intensely. He cupped my face in his hands, caressing the skin of my cheeks. "We are married. I am not letting you walk away because you want to protect us. In sickness and in health, remember? Through good times and through bad. I will be right by your time side through it all and I will even kill that bastard to keep you safe, you understand me?"

"We both will." Fred commented, crouching where we were sitting. "We're not letting him hurt you."