147

George and I just told Kathleen and Lee that I am pregnant. Wanna know how she took it? Yeah, me too. She's been staring at us for the past five minutes in complete silence. It was scary if I had to be honest. Her brown eyes were wide, staring right at us and no one were saying anything. Lee had congratulated us, then sat back down to make sure his fiancé was alright. She doesn't seem alright. I thought she'd be happy. After all, she was the one who so wanted me to get pregnant so our babies could be best friends.

"Alright." I breathed, clapping my hands together. "Lee told us you took a gender test. You're nineteen weeks pregnant, right?"

"Yeah." Kathy nodded. "Yeah uh..."

She looked at Lee who patted her knee before looking up at us. "We're having a girl."

"A girl?!" I smiled, shouting a bit too loud. "Oh my god! That's just what you wanted, Kathy."

She stood up and took a step towards me, throwing her arms around my shoulders. I hugged her back and she tightened her grip around me. "I can't believe you're actually pregnant."

"Is she crying?" George asked Lee. Kathleen definitely was crying but hopefully of happiness.

"It's the hormones." Lee told him. "That's a thing you shouldn't look forward to."

"You're actually pregnant?" Kathleen asked, pulling back. Her hands rested on my upper arms as she looked at me. "Our babies will be besties."

"I'm sure they will." I chuckled. "Please stop crying. I hate it when you cry."

"I hate it when I cry too." she joked, wiping her cheeks. "I'm just so happy for you, Liz. Pregnancy is a bitch and I can't wait to see you suffer."

I raised my eyebrows at her before I looked at George and Lee who both bit back their laughs. I sent them a glare, then smiled at Kathy. "Well, I don't really know how to respond to that."

"I'm just saying..." she sighed. "I love you but you are so smart and sometimes I envy you. Really can't wait to see you hate your child as much as I currently hate mine."

I laughed and watched her turn to Lee. "I'm just joking, babe. I don't hate our baby. I love her and I can't wait to..."

She was interrupted as she broke into tears again and Lee had to embrace her and comfort her. I moved closer to George, smiling as I wrapped an arm around his waist and he put his over my shoulders.

"I am not gonna be that emotional." I told George. He laughed softly, giving me a squeeze.

"Do you want to go see a healer tomorrow?" he asked me. "Perhaps your cousin?"

"Aline?" I questioned. "I think I'll sent her a letter first."

Kathleen pulled out of her hug with Lee and turned towards George and I, a faint smile on her lips. "I am so sorry. I'm such a wreck."

"It's okay." I laughed, reaching for a hand. "Come. Let's get some water in your face."

I pulled her with me into the kitchen and she opened for the water, filling her hands before throwing it in her face. "Gosh, that's cold."

I chuckled slightly and handed her a towel so she could dry her face. She did it and then looked at me afterwards, putting the towel on the counter.

"Our kids will start Hogwarts together." she said, scratching her nose. "Can you believe it? We've been friends for eight years, we started Hogwarts together and now our children will experience that."

"That's why you were bawling your eyes out?" I teased, playfully nudging her with my shoulder.

"I was bawling my eyes out because I'm happy." she said. "I always saw this in our future. Us having kids that can grow up together and have what we had. What we have."

I smiled at the thought but my smile dropped as soon as I remembered my mum. She wasn't going to experience her first grandchild. She wasn't gonna see me have babies. My child was gonna have one grandmother which is Molly. My child was never going to know my mother.

"I won't have my mum." I told Kathleen. "I always thought she would be with me when I gave birth but she won't be there."