174

Poor Georgie ;((
-

"I am so fucking tired." I cursed, pacing back and forth in front of George. "I'm losing my mind. I need to get out. I need to do something."

"And what would you do?" He asked. "Go seek your father? Or Voldemort perhaps? You're not thinking clearly."

"That's the think, George!" I shouted. "I can't think clearly. I can't... I—"

I took a deep breath, stopped pacing and closed my eyes. We knew a thing or two about stuff that happened.

At the start of October, a few days after Kathy gave birth, Ron came to the cottage. He had argued with Harry and Hermione and accused them of being together so he left them and came here. They had been searching for Horcruxes to end Voldemort. We all thought it was terrible thing to just leave them but no one said anything because we knew he felt bad about it. He's still here though.

"I just—"

"What?" He interrupted me. "I know this is hard. I miss the normal too. I miss living in the flat, waking up and going to work. I miss kissing you goodbye when you leave for school and I miss seeing you walk through the door to the shop in the afternoon. I miss being able to walk outside without having to worry about being attacked. You know, Lee sits in the living room all day and broadcasts the situation. He knows when people die and I am terrified that he's gonna tell us that Ginny died or that my parents died. I miss not having to worry about that but we can't change the current situation. We have to wait."

I sighed and walked over to him, placing myself between his parted legs. I ran my hands over his shoulders, up his neck and into his hair.

"We have to wait." I repeated after him, nodding slightly. "Where do you think Sebastian is?"

"Safe." He told me. "He probably went to America or something. Maybe he's with Badger and Benjamin."

I tucked at his hair, making his head tilt back, his eyes meeting mine. His hands went to my hips, pulling me closer.

"We're going to be okay, Lizzie." He told me. "The war will be over soon and we'll go back to living in the flat with Fred walking in on us every other time we have sex."

I laughed softly and George wrapped his arms around my back, his head against my stomach.

"I'm so sorry, my love." I whispered against his hair as I kissed his head.

"Wha—"

He didn't get to finished his sentence before I grabbed the wand in my pocket and apparated myself out of here.

I landed in the forest, exactly where I knew Harry and Hermione were staying. I hated to do it but I had to leave the cottage. I couldn't stay there. I needed to do something.

I closed my eyes for a moment, taking a deep breath.

"If there is a god." I whispered. "Please let me see him again. Don't let me die."

"Lizzie?"

I opened my eyes and saw Hermione stand a few feet away from a tent, looking at me with confusion.

"I'm sorry to come barging like this." I said, approaching her. "I'm getting crazy from being in hiding for several months. I have to do something and Ron mentioned where you were so—"

"Ron?" She asked. "You talked to Ron? Where is he? Why did he leave?!"

"He's at the shell cottage." I told her. "He feels bad but I think he's jealous and he can't quite deal with that emotion."

She nodded slowly and let out a breath. "You're here to... help?"

"Yes. If there's any chance I can kill my father, I'll take it and it seems as you two are the closest."

"Liz?" Harry now emerged from inside of the tent. "You're supposed to be in hiding."

"She's come to help." Hermione told him. "Which is great because we could need it. We've got a Horcrux, though we have no idea how to destroy it."

"What is it?" I asked. Harry reached into his pocket and pulled out a golden locket necklace with the Slytherin symbol on it.

"We've tried everything." Hermione told me. "We've blown it up with spells, we've set it on fire... everything."

"And it still hasn't broken." I muttered.

"Hey, what did George say about you leaving?" Harry asked. "He wasn't happy, was he?"

"I don't know. I didn't tell him. I apparated during a hug. I had to focus real hard to not have him travel with me."