176

Bathilda had turned into a snake and attacked Harry. We heard the struggling and had run up to help him. We ended up fighting her and then apparated out of there and back to the tent. It had been days since that... I think. I have no idea if it's been days or if it's been a week. I have no idea if we were still in 1997 or if we had entered a new year.

I was sitting in the tent while Harry and Hermione sat outside by some trees. I was on one of the benches, eyes closed as I thought about George. What he must be going through. I hated that I had to leave him like that and I didn't except him to understand but I just needed to do something.

Hermione entered the tent and smiled softly at me as she sat down opposite of me. "Something wrong?"

"The real question is whether something is right." I said, causing her to chuckle. "I'm just thinking. I left George in such an idiotic way. He didn't except it and I'm scared he's losing his mind with worry."

"Maybe you should get back." She said. "They know where Harry and I are but as far as they know, you could be death."

"I can't go back." I said. "I need my chance at seeing my father. I need answers and I need him to pay for what he did to my mother."

"Anger isn't healthy, y'know. This lust for revenge is what might kill you in the end." She told me. "I really think you should consider going back. You're safe at the shell cottage. Here, you aren't."

Suddenly someone happened outside. I couldn't explain the noise, other than it was loud. Hermione and I exchanged a glance before both making our way out.

"Everything alright?" Hermione asked.

"Fine. Actually... more than fine." Harry said and stepped aside, revealing Ron who stared straight at Hermione.

"Hey." He breathed. She huffed and approached him before she started punching him.

"You— complete— arse— Ronald— Weasley! You crawl back here after weeks and you say; hey?"

She then turned to Harry. "Where's my wand? Harry, where's my wand!"

"I-I don't have it, I don't have it." He spoke as he backed up toward a tree.

"Harry Potter, you give me my wand!"

"How come he's got your wand?" Ron asked.

"Never mind why he's got my wand!" Hermione exclaimed, then looked at the sword in his hand. "What's that? You destroyed it?"

I frowned in confusion but then saw the broken locket on the ground.

"And exactly how is it that you have the sword of Gryffindor if I may ask?"

"It's a long story." Harry explained.

"Don't think this changes anything." Hermione told Ron.

"No, of course not. I only destroyed a bloody freaking Horcrux. Why would that change anything? Do you know what it was like for me to hear those words coming from you? To see you doing those things—"

"See me doing what things?" Hermione asked when Ron had stopped talking. "What happened out there?"

"It's a long story." Harry said again.

"Look, I wanted to come back the minute I'd left. I just... didn't know how to find you."

"Exactly how did you find us?" Harry asked and Ron pulled a Deluminator out of his pocket.

"With this." He said. "It doesn't just turn off lights. I don't know exactly how it works, but Christmas morning I— I was sleeping— in this little pub— I'd given some snatchers the slip the night before, me being a blood-traitor and all— anyway, I was sleeping when I heard it..."

"It?" Harry questioned.

"A voice." Ron said and turned to Hermione. "Your voice, Hermione. Coming out of this."

"And what may I ask did I say?"

"My name. Just my name. Like a whisper." He said. "So I took this and clicked it and this tiny ball of light appeared. And I knew."

"Knew what?" Harry asked.

"Just knew. On account of Hermione'a voice. And sure enough, it floated towards me, the ball of light, right to my chest and then— went straight through— right here." He touched a point close to his heart. "I could feel it inside me. It was warm, like the first sip of a good cup of tea. And I knew it would take me where I needed to go. So I disapparated and came out on this hillside. It was dark. I didn't have any idea where I was. I just had to hope one of you would show yourselves in the end. And you did."

Then Ron looked at me. "So this is where you've been hiding for nearly two months. Have you got any idea how worried everyone are? Especially George. He's a bloody mess and has barely touched food since you left."

"What?" I frowned. "He can't just stop eating—"

"You're his wife." He interrupted me. "You've already been through hell and he doesn't like you being out of hiding without knowing where you are. He has no appetite because he can't know whether you are dead or not. You need to go back and you need to show him you are okay."

"Ron—"

"I'm not playing around, Lizzie. That's my brother and you are hurting him."

"And that is not my intention!" I snapped. "I will send him a letter and I will let him know I am okay but I cannot go back. I am going to find my father and you can't stop me. I'm a grown woman who is capable of making my own decisions. I love your brother and the last thing I want is for him to starve himself but this... I can't keep living in hiding and not doing anything about the situation."