129

This one's kinda sad in my opinion. I already feel like I'm going to cry, so here's a gif to try and keep you all happy ;(

-

I woke up on a Tuesday morning in March. I had no idea that it was going to be one of the worst days of my life. I had woken up before George which honestly didn't happen often, unless I was having a nightmare and that wasn't the case that day.

I didn't know what it was but I had a strange feeling. As if something was wrong. My body was worried. My soul was worried and honestly, that also worried my brain. I decided to get dressed. I pulled my hair into a ponytail and gave George's forehead a kiss before I made my way downstairs.

When I reached the door to the kitchen, I froze. Badger was here. Benjamin was here. They were both here. Mum wasn't. I noticed Badger's face. He was pale as snow, his jaw was clenched. He was standing next to the chair where Benjamin was sat, face buried in his hands. Against the counter, was Sebastian. He was leaned against it, cheeks wet from tears and he was still crying. His eyes were red and puffy. He looked... broken.

I cleared my throat and all three heads turned in my direction. Benjamin was crying too. That's what really got to me. I hated to see my little brother hurt. My eyes came together in a frown. Something was seriously wrong. Ben got up from the chair and ran to me, throwing his arms around my back, crying into my shoulder. I hugged him back, stroking his hair and running my fingers through it. My eyes landed on Badger, then Sebastian. I wanted an explanation. I needed an explanation.

"What's going on?" I asked. "Where's mum?"

No one said anything. Sebastian pushed himself away from the counter and walked past me, out of the kitchen. I followed him with my eyes before I flicked them back to Badger and made eye contact.

"Where's mum?" I repeated. He simply shook his head and took a seat by the table. A few tears had started making their way down his cheeks and the realisation hit me. My heart dropped, my stomach twisted, I felt sick. My mind was racing and so was my heart. It felt like the entire world just stopped. "She... no."

I shook my head, fighting the tears that pressed behind my eyes. I inhaled sharply as I closed my eyes. This was not happening... this was not happening. This was not happening this was not happening this was not happening.

"No." I whispered again. I kept my eyes closed and brought a shaking hand up to my cover my mouth to hide the whimpers that had started falling over my lips. "She's not. Y-you're wrong."

"Lizzie." Badger spoke.

"No!" I raised my voice, opening my eyes to look at him. "Please. Don't say it. I can't... I can't..."

Benjamin let go of me, causing me to look at him. He was crying so hard and it almost brought me to tears as well. As he made his way over to sit with his dad, I backed up, stumbling out of the kitchen.

I felt numb. I couldn't believe it. I refused to believe it. Everything was spinning as I made my way towards the stairs. Half way up, my knees gave in and I crashed onto the steps.

I let out a breath, reached up to grab the railing. I pulled myself up, forcing myself the rest of the way up the stairs and down the hallway to the bedroom where George was sleeping.

I stumbled through the door to the room and had to keep myself up by leaning on the dresser.

"Liz?" It came from George as he woke up slowly. I didn't answer. My body felt so heavy. I could barely hold myself up. "What's wrong, love?"

"He's lying." I whispered. I slowly lifted my head to look at him as he sat up.

"Who's lying?"

"He's lying." I repeated, shaking my head. "She's not. She can't be."

"Lizzie. Elizabeth." He spoke, hurrying out of bed to be by my side. He took my face in his hands, forcing me to look up at him. "What happened?"

"My mum..." I whispered. "She's not supposed to— she— George... she— why is this happening? I can't—"

I stumbled over my own words and as I saw the realization in his face, I broke down. My knees gave in again and as I fell to the floor, cries filling the room, George caught me, going to the floor with me where he just held me and let me cry into his shoulder. I wrapped my arms tightly around his neck and I let my emotions take over.

That was a week ago today. The worst day in my life. The day I found out that my mother had been murdered by my father. My world was empty, it was dark and it was empty. I had a hole in my heart. My mum. She wasn't supposed to leave me. I was only eighteen years old. She saw me get married but she was never going to see me give birth, she was never going to hold my children. She was never going to be a grandmother. My mum. She wasn't going to see Benjamin graduate from Hogwarts. She wasn't going to see him grow into a young handsome fella. She was dead and I was angry. Angry at my father, at the world. I wanted revenge and I was going to get it...

Chrissy Aurelia Evergreen
July 6th 1950 March 11th 1997

-
When I write, I get so attached to my characters that when they have a certain emotion, I feel a slight part of it as well and after this one, I wasn't in the best mood. RIP our mother Chrissy ;((