139

"We're thinking Evelyn after my mum if it's a girl." Kathleen told us. "And if it's a boy, I like James but Lee wants him to be Lee junior. Ridiculous, isn't it?"

"Lee junior?" I chuckled. "I would never name my children after George or I. Don't you find it weird?"

"Oh I do." She nodded. "I told him no. We are not naming our child Lee."

"You should name him Fred."

Kathleen, George and I all looked at Fred as the words had left his mouth.

"You should shut up." Kathy shot back. "If I have a son, he won't be a Lee and he won't be a Fred."

"Freddie, then?" Fred suggested and Kathleen hit him on the arm. "Ow!"

"I do hope it's a girl." She said, looking down towards her stomach. She was starting to show and it was exciting. She had about six months until she was due. "What about you two? Please get pregnant so our babies can be besties."

She looked at George and I and I couldn't help but laugh as I glanced up at him.

"I think... for right now we have to focus on other things." George spoke for the both of us. "The war for an example. Maybe sometime after."

"The war." Kathleen sighed, her eyes then widening. "I'm going to give birth during the war."

"Well, you are but it's not like you'll be surrounded by bombs and dead bodies." I said. "It's going to be alright. You'll have a baby."

"A baby." Fred muttered. "Who would've thought? You, Kathleen Whitestone are having a baby with Lee Jordan."

"Right?" Kathy smiled. "It's crazy."

"Just don't forget who you lost your virginity to." Fred commented, making me choke on my tea.

"You seriously had to bring that up now?" Kathy asked. "You're so goddamn cocky, you know that?"

"I'm definitely gonna use it against Lee." Fred joked, earning another slap from Kathleen. "Would you stop that?!"

Ahh, memories...

"It wasn't that interesting anyway." George told me, sitting up straight as he leaned over and pecked my cheek. "Now how was your summer, love?"

Fred fake gagged at us and Kathleen hit him in the shoulder. "Ouch! What was that for?"

"Leave them be you twat."

"What're you smiling about?" George pulled me out of my thoughts, making me look at him. He smiled softly at me and I shrugged, shaking my head.

"Nothing." I muttered, lifting the cup to my lips, sipping off of it. I put it down again, kept my hands around it while I listened to the three having a conversation. Kathleen was explaining the house she and Lee had found near the beach in Devon which also isn't far from the Burrow. She explained how she wanted the nursery to look like, that her father had given her the crib she herself laid in when she was a baby.

My eyes flicked between Fred and Kathy as they took turns on talking and when George then said something, I turned my head and looked at him. I didn't hear their conversation. I shut it all out and the only thing I concentrated on was George's face. The way his eyes focused on either his brother or our best friend. The way the corners of his lips turned upwards into a small smile when something was being said, or the way he glanced down to fix his shirt while humming along to the conversation.

"Lizzie."

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at Fred as he called for me. "Yes?"

"We were discussing Deanne." he told me. "She's been acting very distant since the birthday party. You're her cousin, do you know why she's acting like she is?"

"Well, my dear cousin is a mystery of endless riddles." I simply explained. "She's always been like that. She gets jealous, she gets mean and when she gets mean, I usually wait until she gets to her senses."

"Jealous?" Kathy asked. "Who said anything about jealousy?"

"Huh?"

"No one said Deanne was acting like that because of jealousy." she told me.

"Deanne's jealous?" Fred asked me. "About what?"

"Do you really wanna know?" I asked. "It's ridiculous."

"Spill."

"Alright." I breathed. "At the party, she pulled me aside and told me to back off her boyfriend... with other words... you. She saw that little I peck I gave you on the cheek as I wished you a happy birthday and she's gotten this crazy idea that I am in love with you and that I have cheated on George with you."

"Well that's ridiculous." George commented, lifting his cup of tea to his lips. "If you were to cheat on me, you wouldn't go for my brother."

"If I were to cheat?" I questioned, turning towards him. "Don't you know me, you big toad?"

"What?" he frowned. "I was just saying that..."

"I know what you were saying!" I snapped. "But there is no if. You're the first person I ever loved, the only person I will ever love and I honestly feel slightly offended that you said: if."