140

Did I just publish two chapters in a row? I think I did.

-

George's P.O.V

"Liz." I muttered, half asleep and half awake. I reached out my hand to feel her but the spot next to me was empty. My eyes fluttered open and when I realised she wasn't in the room, I turned over on my back and sat up. With a sigh, I ran a hand through my hair, shaking it a bit before pulling the covers away, getting out of bed.

The door out to the hallway was open, and I could hear silent whispers coming from the living room. Cold air hit me as soon as I approached the frames that separated the living room from the hallway. Behind the sofa she was. I leaned against the doorway, my eyes watching as she paced back and forth, whispering something to herself. My eyes traced her figure to the bottle in her hand. Some kind of liquor that I didn't recognise the brand of. She looked like a mess. Her hair– curls were pulled up in a very messy ponytail, her face was red, eyes puffy and lips swollen. She was wearing a pair of loose pink shorts, one of my white hoodies and some white socks. I turned my head in the direction of the front door. Her shoes were scattered across the floor.

She had been out.

I then lifted my head to look at the clock that hung on the wall next to the door. It was almost four in the morning. She'd been in the middle of the night. My eyes went back to Lizzie and I watched her. She hadn't noticed me. She kept pacing the room, silent whispers coming from her mouth. Then I noticed that both windows in the room was opened, that's where the cold air came from.

"Lizzie." I spoke, causing her to stop dead in her tracks. She lifted her head, eyes meeting mine and she then took a step back. She looked startled. Instead of saying anything else, I walked to the windows to close them. When I looked at her again, she hadn't moved. She stood in the same position as when she noticed me but her eyes were focused on the floor instead. "Hey."

I approached her and reached out a hand to place on her shoulder but she flinched, turned her body towards me while stumbling away from me.

"Liz. It's me." I said, carefully approaching her again. "I'm not going to hurt you. You know that."

"I'm sorry." she muttered, holding onto the sofa as her eyes left mine and went back to the floor. I took a step closer to her and this time she didn't move away.

"It's alright." I said, making sure to keep my soft voice. "Here, I'll just take this."

I reached down to grab the bottle and she let me. A sigh left her lips as she leaned back against the sofa while I looked at the bottle.

Vodka

"What is this?" I asked and looked at Lizzie. "Where'd you get it?"

"Did you know..." She muttered, eyes flicking up to my chest. "That some shops in London are open during the night?"

"No." I spoke. "I didn't."

"They sell some really great muggle booze." she said before she laughed. "The man who sold it to me looked like he saw a ghost when I pulled out my wand to help him get the bottle off the shelf."

My eyes widened. "You did what?!"

"Oh don't sweat it." she rolled her eyes, her knees giving in. I caught her quickly, preventing her from falling to the floor. "I never actually got to the whole magic part. He looked at me like I was crazy and I decided it would be better to just pocket it."

I lifted her up to sit on the back of the sofa, parting her legs so that I could stand between them. Lizzie tried to grab the bottle from my hand but I moved it out of her reach before I leaned down and placed it on the floor.

"You can't just pull out your wand in front of muggles." I told her. "You could get in a lot of trouble with the Ministry if you revealed magic to them."

"As I told you already, Georgie..." she ran her hand up to my shoulder and rested it on the side of my neck. "I never did any magic. Though he wouldn't take my galleons so I stole the bottle."

I closed my eyes with a sigh before I pinched the bridge of my nose. Lizzie wrapped both of her arms around my neck and I felt her lips on my neck which made me open my eyes again, my hands gripping her waist to push her away.

"You stole a bottle of alcohol?" I asked, raising my eyebrows at her. "You were drunk, weren't you? What did you drink before you began on that one?"

I motioned towards the bottle on the floor but Lizzie's eyes never left mine. She stared up at me, biting her bottom lip. "I want a baby."

"Liz..."

"I'm not saying this because I'm drunk. I really want a baby." she said. She ran her hands down my chest before tucking on my shirt to pull me closer. "I want a baby."

Her voice was now a whisper as she ran a hand back up to my neck and pulled my head down to be closer to her. She pressed a kiss to my lips. "I see how happy Kathy and Lee are and I have to admit I was disappointed when the test came back negative. George, I want a baby. I want to be a mum."

"You don't mean that." I said. "You're sad and you're grieving over your own mother. That's the reason you are up and drunk at four in the morning and it's the only reason you are rambling about babies."

"I'm not rambling!" she exclaimed at me, her hands finding their way down to my pyjamas pants, undoing the strings.

"Elizabeth..." I said firmly, grabbing her hands which caused her to look up at me. Her eyes were soft but her pupils were dilated and it only confirmed what I already knew. She was drunk. "You said it yourself... you don't want to put a child in this world when there's a war. We agreed to wait until it was over."

"And what if I don't want to wait?" she asked. "I know we're young. I turn nineteen in a few weeks but I feel ready. Don't you?"

"Honestly? No. We live in a small flat with Freddie. There isn't any room for a baby, we don't have money to provide for it either. The only income we have is the one from the shop."

She let out a groan, throwing her head against my chest before she suddenly pulled me away, jumped off and ran out of the room and towards the bathroom. Soon after I heard the sound of her throwing up. I decided to pick up the flask of 'Vodka' and pour it out in the sink in the kitchen so she wouldn't get her hands on it again. Then I joined her in the bathroom and stayed by her side while she threw up.

I was worried about her. I was scared that the loss of her mother would cost her more than she realised...