178

When Lovegood returned, the four of us stood.

"Mr Lovegood. Thank you sir–" Hermione was interrupted by Ron.

"You forgot the water."

"The water?" Lovegood asked.

"For the tea."

"Did, didn't I? How silly of me." he responded.

"No matter, sir." I offered a small smile. "We really ought to be go–"

"No you mustn't!" Loved exclaimed, making us jump a bit.

"Sir?" Harry questioned.

"You're my only hope. They were angry, you see, about what I'd been writing, so they took her. They took my Luna..." he said, eyes landing on Harry, then at me. "But it's really you two they want."

"Who took her, sir?" Harry asked.

Please don't say my father...

Please don't say my fa–

"Your father." Lovegood said, looking at me. 

Fuck.

Something came from outside. It sounded like thunder. Broomsticks appeared on the sky with figures sitting on them. They were headed straight for the house. They casted spells and luckily we weren't hit as we fell to the floor to avoid them. The printing press in the room exploded and quibblers started raining around us. Lovegood hurried to the window, waving his arms.

"Stop! I've got them–"

He was interrupted when he was hit with a stunning spell, being blasted through the room. The chain around his neck flew off and landed by Harry's feet. When Lovegood got to his senses, he sprinted out of the door.

"Guys!" Hermione called. I was closest to her and hurried over to her by crawling on my knees. I grabbed her hand while Harry grabbed her other one and Ron grabbed Harry's hand.

Another spell was shot into the house, hit the tea pot that then flew across the room and came in contact with the Erumpent Horn. An explosion happened but we apparated out of there at the same time and didn't get hurt, luckily.

We landed near riverbank and it was even quieter in the forest.

"That treacherous old bleeder!" Ron exclaimed. "Is there no one we can trust!"

"They've kidnapped Luna because he supported me. He was just desperate." Harry said.

Ron didn't say anything and then he spat while studying the river that laid in the distance. "I'll do the enchantments."

The pulled out his wand and went to do them when I noticed something and stopped him by grabbing his wrist. They all followed my look to the branches of the trees where snatchers were hiding. Suddenly they jumped down. One of them were Scabior, someone who had been there when I was kidnapped last and someone I saw regularly when I was a child. He was my father's best friend but disappeared when my dad died.

He walked up close to me while three others approached Harry, Ron and Hermione. I stood frozen, back straightened as I tried to act like I wasn't completely terrified. He pushed a strand of my hair behind my ear and cupped one side of my jaw. "Hello beautiful... your father misses you."

Then as if we had been secretly communicating, the four of us ran. We didn't just run, we sprinted. I heard the evil laugh of Scabior before the four snatchers started hunting us. I pulled my wand and shot spells behind me, trying to hit Scabior who specifically ran after me but due to the fact that I didn't have time to concentrate, they didn't hit him. Harry was being chased by a snatcher in the trees and Ron kept tripping but got up every time and continued. Suddenly we all came running towards each other while having run each out ways and it looked like we had all outrun the snatcher that was behind us.

Hermione was quick to strip Harry of his glasses and cast a spell on him that made his face swell up so that he couldn't be identified.

"They exist." Harry said suddenly. "The hallows. But he only wants the one, the last one. That's what he's been looking for."

"What're you saying?" Hermione asked.

"He knows where it is, You-Know-Who. He'll have it by the end of the night. He's found the Elder Wand."

We stared at him in disbelief as figures appeared from the trees. Fuck! They found us again. One of them shoved Ron to the ground and Scabior first striped me from my wand, then Harry and then Hermione. "Don't touch her!"

Greyback punched him in the jaw and I yelped in surprise, my hands going up to cover my mouth as I stepped back, hitting a body. I turned around and a snatcher stared right at me. I stepped away from him, hand dropping from my mouth.

"Stop it!" Hermione yelled.

"Your boyfriend'll get worse than that if he doesn't behave, lovely." Scabior said. He lifted his wand to her face as it had a light at the end. Then he turned to Harry. "What happened to you, ugly? What's your name?"

"Dudley. Vernon Dudley."

"Check the list!" Scabior ordered the snatcher behind me, then he turned to Ron. "And you, ginger?"

"Stan Shunpike."

"Like 'ell you all. We know skinny Stan. Try again."

"Weasley." Ron sighed. "Barney Weasley."

"Weasley, eh?" Scabior smirked. "Wouldn't be related that blood traitor Arthur Weasley, would you?"

"Piss off!" I exclaimed. "Arthur Weasley is ten time the wizard you are!"

Scabior turned to me and he laughed. He simply just laughed. "Dear, dear Elizabeth Blossom."

"It's Weasley now."

"Ah, that's right!" he pointed at me. "You married George Weasley. How's that going by the way? I've heard loads about him from your father. You know, he's been watching you. Well, that was before the wedding, before he almost murdered your husband in front of your eyes. Maybe we should look for him and..."

I yanked forward but the snatcher behind me, grabbed my arms and held me back. "Don't you dare fucking touch him!"

He eyed me for a moment, then turned to Hermione. "How 'bout you, lovely? What do they call you?"

"Penelope Clearwater." Hermione said. "Half-blood."

He walked over to her, grabbed her hair and lifted it to smell it. "You smell like vanilla, Penelope. I think you're going to be my favourite. Well, except from Elizabeth of course. I've known her since she was born. I held her and I changed her diapers."

He looked at me again. "Betsy. How's your mother?"

He laughed again and I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath to not go absolutely mental on him. Just breathe Lizzie, just breathe.