169

Two months later

Professor Burbage was murdered in July. They didn't find her remains until a few weeks ago. Most of her had been eaten by Nagini. Ginny went back to start her sixth year at Hogwarts on September 1st and the rest of us stayed in hiding at the shell cottage. A few days after we fled the wedding, I received a letter from Sebastian, saying that he and Emmett had gone into hiding as well but that they were safe.

I liked to spend the days on the beach even though it was October and it was starting to get cold. It wouldn't be long until the water started freezing to ice. You'd get crazy if all you did was sit in the cottage all day, every day for two months. I had no idea what was going to happen, when this war was going to end or who was going to win.

Bill was turning twenty-seven at the end of the next month and Charlie was turning twenty-five at the start of December so we had two birthdays coming up and we were already talking about celebrating to get some happiness in these times.

Oh! Kathy and Lee got married. Bill was the one to wed them like he did when it was George and I. The two wanted to get married in case something happened during the war. In case one of them got killed. Also, Kathy is due in a week. She's going to give birth in the cottage and she's scared of raising a baby in hiding.

I hate thinking that she's about to give birth and I'm not even pregnant anymore. I lost my baby. I would have been due in January. What I hate even more is that I can't help but feel jealous. Jealous that she gets her baby, jealous that she's becoming a mother while I'm not.

"Look." I showed George my sketchbook. "It's you."

Earlier when I came into the living room, he was sleeping on the sofa in a really cute position. I decided to draw him and now he had just woken up as I had finished shading the drawing.

"It's not quite finished with it but–"

"It's beautiful." he told me. "Well, of course it is. It's me."

I laughed and swatted his arm as I moved back to the chair I sat while drawing. George pulled himself up from the sofa and walked around the chair, leaning down over me. His arms went around my shoulders and he hid his face in the crook of my neck, kissing my skin.

"You smell so good." he whispered. "Like lemongrass and... lavender."

"Stop it." I whispered. "I'm trying to finish the drawing."

"Do you remember learning about love potions in our sixth year?" he asked. "When we were taught amortentia?"

"Yeah. I remember smelling fireworks, quidditch uniforms and pines like those near the Burrow." I said. George hummed in my ear and I turned my head to look at him. "You never told me what you smelled."

"Isn't it obvious?" he smiled. "I smelled you. We've been together since we were fifteen."

"Still doesn't answer my question. What did you mean? My scent must've changed. I know yours has."

"I smelled... rain, old books, ink and mango."

I put my sketchbook and my pen on the table before I turned around on the chair, standing on my knees so I was facing him. "Mango?"

"Yeah."

"Oh, it must be that perfume I used back then. Now I use a lavender scented one." I said, wrapping my arms around his neck while also burying my face against his skin. "Have you got any potions in your stash?"

"Maybe." he chuckled. "Why?"

"Cause it's fun." I told him. "To see what we smell and we haven't done that for years."

"I think I do have a few." he said and pulled back to look at my face. "You wanna try it?"

I nodded and he smiled softly at me before he kissed me. "Let's go then."

With a shriek of happiness, I got off the chair and followed him upstairs to the room he shared with Fred, Lee and Charlie. I sat down on the bed as George crouched down next to a bag he had with products. The shop couldn't open again so instead he and Fred sent out orders with owls. He found one of the amortentia potions that he had brewed in the basement of the shop and handed it to me.

"You go first. Wanna see if you still love me."

"If I still love you." I scoffed, taking off the cork in the bottle. George watched me as I lifted it to sniff the scent. When the familiar scent hit my nose, I smiled and looked up at George. "Fireworks again but also the autumn breeze and... cookies."

He eyed me carefully while I handed over the bottle of amortentia.

"Your turn." I cooed, my voice playful and flirty. One corner of his mouth turned up into a crooked grin and he sniffed the potions. He didn't say anything. His eyes kept staring into mine while his pupils slowly dilated. He reached for the cork in my hand and put it back in the bottle before putting it away. "What did you..."

I was interrupted when he pressed his lips to mine, hands against the mattress on either side of my body. The kiss was heated, it was fast and it was passionate. His lips then traveled to my neck and I let out a breath.

"Lavender." he whispered against my skin. Just his voice made sparks of electricity shoot through my body. "Old books... rain... lemongrass and... parchment."

-
Shall I publish the next one? I think I shall. Publishing 170...