175

It was December... I think. I had been gone for so long and out here we didn't have any sense of time.

Harry, Hermione and I were in Godric's hollow. We were here to find Horcruxes but also because Harry wanted to see the place he was born.

It was dark and the road was kinda narrow. The streetlights were glimmering above us and Christmas decorations filled the small town. The roofs of the houses and buildings were covered in snow and we were all wearing coats, scarfs, hats and gloves.

"I still think we should have used poly juice potion." Hermione said.

"No." Harry shook his head. "This is where I was born. I'm not returning as someone else."

Harry held out a hand to Hermione who then grabbed my hand and we apparated out of here and landed in front of a pub. Music and laughter came from inside.

"I think it's Christmas eve." Hermione said. "Listen..."

Voices came from the church up ahead and I looked to see a couple walk down the road, hand in hand, laughing while talking.

"Do you think they'd be in there?" Harry asked, motioning towards the graveyard. "My mum and dad?"

"Yeah." I breathed. "I think they would."

We started making our way towards the graveyard. The church looked scary and creepy in the dark with the empty trees around it. It made shivers go down my spine. We entered the graveyard and all three of us walked around in silence.

"Harry. Lizzie."

We looked at Hermione as she stood by a grave.

"Is it—" Harry asked but she shook her head.

"No. But look."

We both approached her and looked down at the grave. Kendra Dumbledore and her daughter Ariana.

"Did you know he had a sister?" I asked and both shook their heads.

"No." Harry responded, then turned away and walked off. Hermione and I shared a glance before she turned around and looked at a tombstone.

"Lumos." She muttered and a light appeared at the end of her wand while she crouched by the stone. "Ignotus... Hey gu—"

She stopped talking and I followed her glance to where Harry stood, frozen in front of a tombstone. Hermione stood up straight and we both walked over to him.

James Potter Lily Potter
Born 27 March 1960 Born 30 January 1960
Died 31 October 1981 Died 31 October 1981

"The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death." He read, cheeks stained with tears.

Hermione moved her wand in a circular motion and Christmas roses appeared in front of the grave.

"Happy Christmas, Hermione. Happy Christmas Lizzie."

"Happy Christmas, Harry." Hermione and I said in unison, making the three of us chuckle lightly.

"Guys." Hermione then said.

"Yes?" Harry asked while I simply hummed.

"Someone is watching us. Over by the church."

She was right. What looked like an elder lady was standing by the church, staring at us. She then turned and walked away.

"C'mon." Harry said, leading the way to follow the lady. We followed her through the dark until we stood in a narrow alley.

"I don't think this is a good idea." I said.

"We look like ordinary muggles." Harry spoke.

"Muggles who have just been laying flowers on your parents' grave." Hermione said. The lady ahead of us, looked at us and held up a hand which caused us to stop.

A group of snatchers passed, luckily not seeing us and then the lady continued.

"Relax." Harry told us. "This is right. I know it."

Moments later we were on a lane with small cozy cottages that had small gardens. Hermione barely gave them a glance as she carefully watched the lady but I looked and it looked like a really cozy place. I'd like to live here someday. If there was a someday.

Suddenly we stood in front of a dark cottage. The garden was overgrown by weeds. The roof was covered in snow and ivy.

"Oh my god, Harry." Hermione muttered.

"This is where they died." Harry said. "This is where he murdered them."

He brought a hand up to grab the locket around his neck and while eyes focused on the cottage, he spoke to the lady. "You're Bathilda, aren't you?"

The woman made her way inside of the house and hesitatingly, we followed. The door was creaking as it moved and my heart was beating as I felt terrified.

"Harry, I'm not sure about this." Hermione said.

"Hermione, she knew Dumbledore." Harry said and looked at her as I studied the quite ruined home. "She might have the sword. Besides, she's barely knee-high to a house elf. I think we can overpower her if it turns ugly."

"There's something odd about her." Hermione said.

"What's that smell?" I asked, scrunching my nose.

"She's gaga, remember?" Harry asked.

Bathilda returned with a box of matches and tried to light a candle but her movements were clumsy, making Harry step forward.

"Here. Let me do that."

"You have a lovely home, Miss Bagshot." I said, trying to be kind even though I was scared out of my mind.

"Miss Bagshot, who is this man?" Harry asked and I looked at him as he stood by a photograph. It were coasted in dust and the figures in the photograph moved like ghosts. "His name. Can you tell me his name?"

Bathilda stared at the photograph and then looked up at Harry without saying a word. Hermione walked over to look at it as well.

"This is him." Harry said. "The one I saw in Gregorovitch's wand shop. The thief. Miss Bagshot, who is he?"

Bathilda looked at him and then nodded towards the stairs.

"She wants us to go upstairs." Harry said. Hermione and I stepped towards the staircase but Bathilda shook her head and pointed at Harry. "She wants me to go upstairs. Alone."

"Why?" I asked.

"It's all right." Harry told us. "You stay here."

"Harry—" Hermione sighed. Harry held up his hand to silence her before he followed Bathilda upstairs.

"I don't like this." I told Hermione who shook her head in agreement.

"Neither do I."