183

I was planning to publish this in the morning but couldn't sleep so...

I'm so sorry about this one

-

"Please, George." I said, reaching out for him but he stepped away again. "I didn't mean to hurt you."

"But you did!" He yelled. "Did you even think of the damage you could do by leaving?!"

"Yes! Ron told me but I—"

"Ron told you?" He scoffed. "Told you what exactly?"

"That you didn't eat, that you thought I was dead."

"And you still stayed away?!" He was now yelling even louder than before. "My brother told me how I was doing and you didn't think of coming back to check on me? You just left a letter and then you went back to hunt fucking Horcruxes with them?!"

"Please." I was now crying. Not of self-pity but because I loved him and I hated that I had hurt him. "I'm sorry."

"You're sorry?!" He yelled. "If it was the other way around, I would have come back! No, I wouldn't even have left because I would want to be with you! I wouldn't want to be anywhere but by your side!"

"Don't you think it was hard?!" I yelled back. "I wanted to come back, I wanted to see you and make sure you were okay because I fucking hate to see you in pain but I needed to do something! I needed to get out there and fight to win this war, yet I regret leaving and I have told you so many times!"

"How does it make a difference?! Your regret doesn't turn back time! It doesn't give us those months back! You stole those months from the both of us! Months we could have spent together but instead those months were spent apart, you were probably doing fine while I was waking up alone from nightmares every night. Where I spent every single day worrying if you were dead or alive!"

I looked down and closed my eyes, sobbing. A hand went through my hair before I looked at him, shaking my head. "I don't— I don't know what to do."

"Yeah. I don't know either." He scoffed, looking away from me. "You know what hurts the most?"

"What?" I let my arms drop by my sides in defeat.

"That this came from you. That you were the one to leave. I've known you for so many years and I never though you would want to hurt me on purpose."

I frowned and wiped my cheeks with the sleeves of my jacket. "On purpose? I would never—"

"You knew I wasn't doing good." He told me. "You said it yourself. Ron told you. You then deciding to stay away still, is hurting me and that was on purpose."

"George." I cried when he walked away towards the forest. "George!"

"What?!" He screamed through the darkness, turning around so quickly that it actually scared me a bit.

"Where are you going?"

"Anywhere but here. I just need to be somewhere you're not." He told me. "And you... you should leave. Go back to the flat and live there, seeing as you love danger so much."

"I get that you're mad, but—"

"No! Leave. I don't want you here anymore. I don't even want you. I thought you cared about me, that you loved me but if you did, you would have come back as soon as you heard how badly I needed you. I'm done."

I let out a breath, shaking my head furiously. "N-No. Done? What do you— George what do you—"

"It means that as soon as it is safe to go walk around in public, we are getting a divorce." He said. It felt as if someone punched me on the gut and all the air left my lungs. As he turned back around, a cry left my lips and my knees gave in as I fell and they hit the sand.

My throat was tightening, I couldn't breath and when I tried to speak, no words came from my mouth. I watched as he walked into the dark forest. He was going to leave me. I had lost him. He was...

"What's going on?" It came from the cottage. "Liz why are you on the ground? Where's George? You woke up everyone with the yelling and shouting."

Fred came over to me and hooked an arm around my waist, helping me to stand.

"He's leaving me." I muttered.

"What?"

"George wants a divorce. He's le- he's leaving me."