153

"Do you wanna know what sucks?" I asked, poking the donut that sat between Kathleen and I on the table.

"What?"

"That we can't drink." I said and we both looked at each other, our eyes meeting. "I mean, here we are... eating donuts while George, Fred and Lee are out having a boys night. They're probably fucking drunk right now."

Kathleen sighed and we both looked at the donut again. "I really do miss firewhisky."

George assured me he didn't have to go tonight but I didn't want the reason for him to not have fun so I basically shoved him out of the door. Though that doesn't mean I'm not secretly jealous that he gets to drink and I don't. I like a good drink but I have to wait until after I've given birth and even then, I can't drink if I'm breastfeeding.

"Why is it that women are supposed to be pregnant?" Kathy asked. "Why can't men take on the responsibility?"

"How would that even work?" I asked. "Where would the infant come out?"

"Their butthole."

We both broke into laughter and it was the only sound that filled the flat before suddenly Charlie stood in the kitchen. We both got quiet as we looked at him.

"Charlie?"

"Is Fred and George here?" he asked, looking between us. "We have to leave for the headquarters."

Kathleen grabbed the last donut while I pulled myself out of my chair, turning towards my brother-in-law. "What happened?"

He looked frantic. Terrified. Something bad must've happened. He simply shook his head he let out a heavy breath. "Fred and George aren't here, are they?"

"They're out." Kathleen said. "Drinking."

"Drinking." he repeated. "Merlin... alright then. They'll be informed at another moment. We're going to the headquarters right now."

Kathleen and I exchanged a glance before we both walked to his side. He grabbed our hands and in the split of a moment, we left the flat and appeared in the main room of the headquarters.

The room was full of people. Alastor Moody, Kingsley Shacklebolt, Mundungus Fletcher, Remus Lupin, Sebastian, Arthur, Molly, Bill, Tonks, Fleur, Deanne, Harry, Hermione and Ron. I walked over to where Sebastian stood. He had a poker face, his arms folded over his chest.

"Where're the boys?" Molly asked, her eyes shifting from Kathy to Charlie and then to me.

"They're having a boys night." I said. "It involves drinking so whatever this is about, I don't think they would be of good help."

"Shall we began the meeting then?" Lupin asked. "Only a few of use knows what has happened but it is important that everyone else in here is informed. The war is escalating."

"Spit it out already." Moody said. Lupin straightened up and glanced at him before looking at everyone else.

"Tonight... Albus Dumbledore was murdered."

My eyes widened at his words and I looked around the room to see everyones faces. Harry who was sitting by the table, had a rough expression as well as Ron. Hermione was silently crying, being comforted by Molly. A few in here had expressions that showed that they knew while others were shocked, surprised.

"He was killed by Severus Snape." Harry commented, lifting his head as he spoke. "I saw it myself. He killed Dumbledore because Draco Malfoy couldn't do it."

"Wait what?" I asked. "Turn back just one moment. Can you please explain that a little further? Dumbledore's dead? What..."

"It happened in the astronomy tower." Harry said, his eyes on me. I suddenly felt sick. The astronomy tower? That was where George and I spent most of our nights. That's where we were the night of the yule ball, dancing to the distant music, making out. "Malfoy is a death eater and he had been assigned a task to kill Dumbledore. Though, I don't think he was going to do it. He was crying and he was lowering his wand but then Snape did it for him. They then continued to walk around the castle. They shattered the windows and chandeliers in the great hall, burned down Hagrid hut."

The room was silent, except from a sigh that left Bill's mouth. I looked at him and my eyes widened as I now saw the left side of his cheek. Long bloody gashes.

"He's okay." Fleur said when she noticed how shocked I looked. My eyes flicked to her and then to Bill who was now looking at me as well.

"Oh, this?" he asked, motioning towards the gashes. "Fenrir Greyback."

"Greyback?" I asked. "You got attacked by a werewolf?"

"Yes but since he'd not fully transitioned, I won't turn into one." he sent me an assuring smile. "It hurts a little but it'll pass. You do not need to worry."

-
Woof woof

I'm not weird...