198

"Liz." George whispered. "Lizzie, we have to get up."

"Why?" I muttered. I looked up at him but he didn't look at me. Instead he looked straight ahead towards the broken viaduct. I turned my head to see what he was looking at. A crowd was coming towards the castle. A troll was being pushed off the viaduct to make space for the crowd and then they continued. Voldemort was in the lead.

George helped me up. He grabbed my hand and together we stood by the stairs that led inside while King backed up until he stood on my other side.

Suddenly Neville walked past us, carrying the sorting hat in his hand as when I looked back, everyone else started coming outside to see what was happening. I squeezed George's hand. I was scared. Arthur and Ginny passed us, following Neville who decided to stand a few feet from us.

Voldemort and his death eaters arrived at the castle. They stopped walking and Voldemort looked at all of us. Hagrid was there. They had chains to keep him in place and he was carrying someone. Someone I recognised to be Harry.

"Who's that?" Ginny asked. "Hagrid's carrying? Neville who is it?"

I couldn't do this. I couldn't keep doing this. Everyone kept dying. I started crying again, this time it was quiet. It was only the tears, no sobs.

"Harry Potter..." Voldemort shouted and I closed my eyes to hear his next words. "Is dead!"

"No!" Ginny screamed and when I opened my eyes to see what was happening, she was running forwards but luckily Arthur caught her and stopped her.

"Silence!" Voldemort shouted. "Stupid girl!"

I started moving forwards and George followed me, never letting go of my hand.

"Harry Potter... is dead." Voldemort repeated, this time not as loud. "From this day forward... you put your faith in me."

George and I stopped walking when we were where we were supposed to be. With Percy, Ron, Hermione and Molly. Shacklebolt was here too, standing right next to Molly while we were next to Percy and behind Ron and Hermione.

Voldemort turned around and walked closer to his crowd of death eaters as he opened his arms and gestured with them in the air. "Harry Potter is dead!"

They started laughing. The death eaters started laughing and I had never felt more hatred. Today, so many people had died. They had taken the lives of children and they stand there and laugh about killing a seventeen-year-old boy.

Voldemort turned back around to face the rest of us. The ones that had put up a fight, the ones that had now lost the war. He laughed and he opened his arms again. "Now is the time to declare yourselves. Come forward and join us.. or die."

"Draco!" Lucius voice echoed through the yard. I turned to look at Malfoy who stood on the stairs. He didn't look happy. He looked as broken as the rest of us. His jaw was tense and it was like I could almost see him gulp from this distance. He looked around without moving his eyes but then when his mother called his name, his eyes flicked to her.

"Come." she said.

Don't do it Draco, don't do it...

He looked around once more before he stepped down and made his way over to Voldemort. He needed someone to tell him to stay. It was obvious by the way he had looked around and I would have done it, but I couldn't. I had lost too much tonight, I was tired and I had no energy left. I couldn't put any more attention to myself and at least... at least he didn't die.

"Ah! Well done, Draco. Well done." Voldemort said as he hugged him, though Draco stood stiff, not responding to it. Draco continued over to his parents where his mum wrapped her arms around him.

Suddenly Neville walked forwards and I was about to go protest but George held me back, wrapping an arm around my waist.

"Well I must say I hoped for better." Voldemort said and the court was filled with laughter from the death eaters. "And who might you be, young man?"

"Neville Longbottom."

They laughed once again.

"Well, Neville. I am sure we can find a place for you in our rang–"

"I'd like to say something!" Neville interrupted.

"Well.. Neville I am sure we would all be fascinated to hear what you have to say."

"It doesn't matter that Harry's gone."

"Stand down Neville!" Seamus spoke as soon as the words had left Neville's mouth.

"People die every day!" Neville shouted and turned around to look at the students, the teachers, the families. "Friends. Family. Yeah, we lost Harry tonight. He's still with us in here."

He placed a hand against his heart.

"So is Fred." Neville said as he looked towards where we were standing. "Benjamin."

His eyes slowly scanned everyone that stood on our side. "Remus. Tonks. All of them. They didn't die in vain."

He slowly turned to Voldemort. I looked up at George. He looked broken. I knew we both were and we were going to die tonight. We were going to die and this was the last contact we would have. I placed a hand on the opposite side of his neck and leaned into him. I was scared.

"But you will!" Neville yelled at Voldemort who just laughed. "Cause you're wrong! Harry's heart still beats for us! For all of us!"

At that, Neville pulled something out of the hat. A sword. The sword of Gryffindor and at the same time, Harry rolled out of Hagrid's arms and landed on the ground, getting to his feet so quick that it was impossible to process.

"Oh fuck." I cursed when I realised he was alive. He fired a spell towards Nagini and as Voldemort screamed in anger, attacking Harry with tons of spells, we ran back inside to get ready as we knew the war wasn't over yet.

Shacklebolt shielded everyone as we all ran inside. George's hand never left mine. I didn't know where Kathy was. I saw her outside. She was standing with Luna but now I didn't know where she was due to the chaos.

It wasn't finished yet.

We still had a chance to win the war...