Royalty day 16

Damian POV

I walked down the road scowling. My dear brothers and father's were off protecting the kingdom. And which left me alone much to everyone dismay. But I don't have a home to go to so I live on the streets. I didn't mind since I was good at surviving. And I found a great place that was my own palace as I think of it. Alfred my cat and accomplice is on my shoulders.

He is usually asleep don't let that deceive you. When he wants to bring out his claws and agility he's hard to keep a hold of. I glanced around and saw a stand with boxes of apples. I tapped Alfred and made hands jester that he under stood. He jumped off my shoulders and went to the merchant. And destracted him. While I walked over decretely trip a man. He falls and ends up tip the cart of apples all over the place.

"Sir are you alright?" I asked while swiping five apples. He looks up at me and my stretched hand. He scowls and swats it away.

"I'm fine peasant." He snapped getting up. By now Alfred was on my shoulders again. The man then turned to the merchant. "And you merchant watch where you put your cart!" He then stormed off. I sighed knowing from how he spoke and dressed which was silk and satan. He was yet another suited for the princess.

The kingdom has lost  count how many. Have come and ty to wind her hand in marriage. But none have been able to do that. And that one is the worst yet. But I quickly left the scene so the merchant wouldn't think that I stole from him.

"Hey little lady what do you think your doing?" I heard a merchant with a beard growl out.

Marinette POV

"Papa why must I marry? I can role this country by myself just fine. And win the war against Hawkmoth and Joker kingdom." I said frustrated over breakfast. He sighed and put his fork down.

"Because sweetheart the ancient laws demand it. No woman has ever ruled this kingdom. And I promised your mother I would take care of you." He said with a tired voice and expression.

"Well those laws need to change. And there's a difference between taking care of me and forcing me to do things. And all of those elgable princes, dukes and lords you bring before me are big headed, egotistical and dumb brats." I said standing up with my fists on the table. My only friend Tikki came over.

"Marinette you must marry I want to see you happy and protected before I go and join your mother." Father said desperation in his voice.

"I will Marry and have a family. But only when I can rule this kingdom and get treated as an equal. I don't mean to sound like a royal spoiled brat that people think I am but father those stupid laws are wrong. Women are just as capable as men." He sighed and looked at me.

"I agree with you. But to change the laws that have been the same since the beginning of our kingdom would take magic." I huffed and stormed off. With Tikki following me. I went to my room and grabbed the outfit I have been working on so I can sneak out.

"Are you sure you want to do this Marinette?" Tikki asked as she looked to make sure no one was coming.

"Yes. I need to get out of this castle this life just a few moments. Ever since Mama passed papa hasn't let me walk around the kingdom unless there are at least forty guards with me." I slipped the hood that would hide my identity on and grabbed my bag as well. "I'll be back in a hour. Promise.* I said hugging her. She hugged back and whispered okay.

I ran and slipped through the whole I found in the eastern wall. Which was hidden by the ivy. When I got through the hole I ran into the market before any of the guards could spot me.

I romwd around and looked at everything. It was amazing I then spotted a couple of kids. I walked over to them.

"Hey are you okay?" I asked crouching down. With a soft and friendly smile.

"Yes we are ma'am." The oldest spoke with a scared tone. That made my smile faulter.

"You know can tell me right. I might be able to help." I said cautiously not wanting to scare them. But then a man layed his hand on my shoulder.

"Hey little lady what do you think your doing?" I looked and saw a merchant with a beard and he had a scowl from what I could see.

"Just seeing if these kids are alright.' I answered standing up. And stepping in front of the children.

"Well scram they are children of theives. And they aren't any better." My blood boiled at that. I glared at the man even if it was hard to tell with my outfit.

"Well sir not to sound rude or anything but you shouldn't judge anyone until you get to known them. Like the satine goes don't judge a book by its cover." The man growled at me. But I didn't stand down. I have felt with suitors worse than him. And they go running.

"Well listen her missy they have taken loaves of bread without paying so there is your proof." I simply raised my eyebrow while crossing my arms.

"Do you know if their parents are alive and providing? Do you know if they are doing that to survive? Or did you just assume that they are following in their parent footsteps?" I demanded my royal ordering voice shining through.

"I don't know and don't care. Every time they steal a kid of bread it gets harder and harder to make a living." I scoffed but before I could retort a hand grabbed my shoulder. I turned and look to see a man about my age staring at the man.

"Sorry to interrupt this wonderful debate. But Romoas I think you donkey is wondering off." That caused the merchant to whip his head around and sure enough his cart of bread was disappearing with his roaming donkey. He ran after them.

"Hey Jean, Danny, Rose and Annie go and get some bread before he catches it. And be careful he's angry enough as it is." That man called. The kids nodded before running. I turned and looked at the man who helped them out.

"You should be more careful who you challenge ideals with miss. Not everyone is patient and opened to knew ideas." I smiled softly looking at them man before me.

"Well I have always been treated more as a trophy than a person so when I see that happening I can't help myself." I said and little did I know I would start to sneak out more to meet with this man named Damian Wayne. And when he found out who I was he didn't treat me any different much to my pleasure. I wonder where this will lead.