Norway x Reader

Norway (Lukas Bondevik) x Reader

    Pens and pencils rushed across papers as the nation of the United States of America Alfred F. Jones discussed in detail the American response to the subject of interest. (Y/N) listened intently and wrote down a few notes on the important matters for her nation to review. She looked up from her paper and met neutral indigo eyes. A fluttery feeling emerged in her stomach when he smiled at her and she smiled in reply. Lukas looked back down at his notes as Alfred stepped off the stage and returned to his seat. As the transition period began, Lukas silently scribbled down her name on the page. He glanced up at her once again to notice her watching him. He smiled slightly when she quickly looked away and started conversing with the representative of Japan.

His brother Emil looked over at his notes and Lukas tried not to feel upset at Emil's audible sigh. Lukas turned his impassive expression towards Emil "What's wrong?" His brother sighed once again and Lukas could see the gears in his head turning. He knew his brother was trying not to say something that would upset him. "You know it's not allowed" Emil finally stated, glancing at (Y/N) to ensure she couldn't hear them. The human representative of (C/N) remained oblivious to their conversation and seemed engaged in her conversation with the Japanese representative. "I know" he replied. Emil observed him carefully before continuing "Despite our sometimes tense relationship, I don't want to see you get hurt because of something like this." Emil's next words were cut off when Arthur took the stage to begin his presentation.

    Lukas internally thanked his friend and busied himself with taking notes once again. Occasionally his gaze would drift away from his paper to look upon the human seated across the room from him. (Y/N) looked away from the stage and glanced over at Lukas again. Their eyes connected, but instead of the frantic embarrassed action of looking away, neither of them separated their gazes. 'He's perfect' she thought, smiling slightly at him. He kept his expression neutral, however, she could see the slight crinkle near his mouth as he tried to hide his own smile. (Y/N) looked away and tried to hide her forming blush 'That's the cutest thing I've seen all day.' She pictured grotesque things to cool down her skin and make herself look professional once again. 'I'm here to do my job. Not to flirt with a country' she internally chastised herself, but couldn't help glancing over at him again.

He had looked away from her to focus on the meeting again, the boredom was evident on his face. Lukas was good at hiding his feelings by using a mask, however, (Y/N) managed to identify his feelings through subtle signs. Two hours later, Ludwig called a break and the nations and respective representatives hurried out of the room. The Japanese representative next to her stood up carefully from her chair "What will you be doing during the break?" "I think I'll stay here" (Y/N) replied, standing up to stretch her legs "There isn't much I want to do." Her new friend nodded in understanding before gathering her items "Would you like anything?" (Y/N) shook her head and offered her a kind smile "No thank you. Have fun on your break." She nodded and exited the room.

    (Y/N) stretched the fatigue and weariness out of her body from sitting down in a chair for hours. "(Y/N)" a soft voice stated, and she looked over to her left to notice Lukas standing in front of her. She smiled up at him "Hi. Is something wrong? You look upset." He glanced over at Emil who was staring at him intently from his place next to Mikkel, Tino, and Berwald. (Y/N) patiently waited for him to get his thoughts together. For someone calm and collected looking like him, he didn't quite have his life together sometimes. "I like you" he announced, gently taking her hands into his. "I know" she whispered, "I like you too." He sighed softly and a chill ran throughout the room "But, we can't be together."

She gripped his hands a little tighter and blinked away her forming tears "I know. I understand." She paused to wipe away some of the tears that managed to escape "I've always known. Yet I couldn't help it. I couldn't not fall in love with you." He released her hands and she immediately clasped them behind her back to hide her shaking hands "You should probably go with your brother." She glanced at the clock "There's still twenty minutes of break left." He stood frozen on the spot before he finally nodded "Ok." She sat back down in her chair and waited for the meeting to begin again.

Notes:

Prompt: Forbidden Love. She's human and in this AU, it's forbidden for a nation and a human to date (especially because she's a representative for her country).

I hope you enjoyed this

Next is Greece