America x Reader

America (Alfred F. Jones) x Reader

Childish giggling woke him before the body slamming into him did. Alfred groaned at the impact and reached over to grabbed his glasses off the nightstand. He blinked the sleep out of his eyes to find his daughter smiling at him brightly, her red glasses tilted on her button nose "Dad!" His wife rushed into the room and he chuckled at the sight of her messy hair. (Y/N) scooped their daughter into her arms "I told you to be gentle." His daughter wiggled in her mother's hold and sent Alfred a pleading look. He smiled softly and took her into his own hold with some struggle. (Y/N) planted a quick kiss on his cheek and sent him an apologetic smile "Sorry." "It's okay" he mumbled, leaving to go brush his teeth. His daughter sat patiently on his bed as he finished his morning routine. She squealed in delight when he scooped her up and gave her a piggyback ride downstairs to the kitchen. He entered the kitchen to be greeted with the sight of his wife (Y/N) hastily preparing their daughter's lunchbox. 

He smiled slightly and placed a gentle kiss on her cheek "I'll take care of it. You should hurry or else you'll miss the doctor's appointment." She paused and sent him a grateful smile "Did I ever tell you I love you?" He laughed slightly and placed their daughter gently on the floor "A million times." She pecked his lips "You're picking me up, right?" "I'll be there. It's the least I can do after not being able to go in with you" he explained, wrapping a comforting arm around her waist. She leaned back into his chest "It's alright. Someone has to take her to school." She pulled away soon after "I have to go. I'll see you later." He nodded and sent her off with one final kiss.

His daughter stared up at him with a scrunched up face. He laughed at the unusual expression "What's wrong?" She wrinkled her nose "You and mommy are gross." He rolled his eyes and handed her a PB&J sandwich "Eat your breakfast." She obliged as he set out to finish her lunchbox. He made sure to include all her favourites. He quickly dressed her in her school clothes and handed her her Iron Man backpack. She chatted relentlessly throughout the car ride and he briefly wondered where all her energy came from before recalling his past self. He watched with amusement as she ran out of the car and tackled her best friend to the ground when they arrived at the school. She turned to him with a bright smile "I'll miss you dad!" "I'll miss you too sweetie!" He told her. She quickly grabbed her friend's hand and dragged him into the school. Alfred smiled before making his way to the doctor's office. 

He patiently waited outside of his car. His smile returned to his face at the sight of (Y/N) walking out of the building with a happy expression. He rushed over to her "Everything is okay?" She took his hand and gently placed it on her stomach "Everything is perfect." His smile grew as he pulled her into a gentle hug "Our family's growing." She nodded with a fond smile "I'm glad I'm able to experience this with you." He pulled away from her with an unusually calm smile "I'm glad too." She ignored the tears forming in her eyes "I love you, Alfred. More than you can possibly imagine." A placed a loving kiss on her lips with a small laugh. He wiped away her tears "I think I can imagine. Now let's go home. You should rest. Let the hero take care of you." She nodded with a small laugh.

They arrived at their house and Alfred eagerly assisted whenever needed. It was his job as the hero to be the perfect husband and father. (Y/N) snuggled into his side on the couch "I can't believe this is actually happening." Alfred raised a curious eyebrow "What do you mean?" She fiddled with the band on her wrist "When we first met you were dating one of our co-workers. At the time I didn't think this could ever happen." He absentmindedly drew lines on her leg "I didn't either, but the more I got to know you, I knew it was meant to be. Though I wondered what happened to the girl." "I heard she's married." "That's good then." 

The couple remained in silence for a few moments until Alfred broke it "I should go pick our daughter up." She smiled slightly "You should." She moved slightly to let him get up. He placed a gentle kiss on her forehead "Just remember. I'll always love you. And, as the hero, I'll always keep my family safe." She laughed lightly "Thank you, Mr. Hero." His smile grew and he wrapped her up in a big hug "I'll be back." "Drive safely" she called out, to be answered by an "of course" as he left to pick up their daughter at the school. 

Author's Notes:

Quick note: Alfred's kid would be one of the cutest kids to ever exist. 

Prompt Word: Innocence, hence the kids. 

One of the few superheroes I like is Iron Man, so I decided to give the daughter an Iron Man backpack (plus I'm like 80% sure that's also one of Alfred's favourites.)

Hope you enjoyed it. 

Next one is South Italy