Switzerland x Reader

Switzerland (Basch Zwingli) x Reader

A gentle breeze entered the small cottage through the open window in the kitchen. A relaxing feeling settled over the members of the household and (Y/N) burrowed herself deeper into her blankets. Lili moved around the kitchen at a steady pace as she prepared dinner for her housemates and their guest. "Do you need help?" (Y/N) offered shifting underneath her blankets to make eye contact with her best friend. Lili shook her head with a soft smile and paused to look over at her "No thank you. I want to prepare this myself." She returned to her actions and (Y/N) took note of the light pink dusting her cheeks. The door to the cottage opened and (Y/N) turned to smile at her fiancé Basch "How was it?" 

His expression relaxed upon the simple sight "It was okay. The usual stuff happened. Except it was someone else today." "Oh? Who was it today?" She asked, slightly curious as to who would bother Basch other than the Italian brothers. "That American" he commented, and paused for a moment to recall something "Alfred...I think." "Brother!" Basch and (Y/N) turned to look at Lili is surprise at the sudden outburst. An embarrassed expression mixed in with one of slight anger as Lili stared at him with reddening cheeks "Why would you do that?" He raised an eyebrow in confusion "I always chase intruders off my property." "He's our guest for tonight" she explained, and Basch turned to look over at (Y/N) "Did you know?" She averted his gaze as guilt began to creep up on her "Yes. Lili told me to not tell you. It was meant to be a surprise." He stood at the door for a moment before grabbing his coat once again "I'll be back." He left before the others could make a comment.

Lili sighed softly and went back to working on the dish. (Y/N) carefully pushed herself out of her comfortable spot and made her way over to Lili "You okay? You know your brother didn't mean to do it." She stopped cutting the carrots and stared down at the food "I know." (Y/N) smiled and gave her an affectionate nudge "Your brother is too protective at times, but now you have me to rein him in." Lili laughed lightly and turned to look over at her "You're right. Thank you." (Y/N) took a seat at the countertop and started to describe some of Basch's embarrassing moments as Lili smiled and continued to finish the meal. The tense air within the small cottage began to dissipate as their conversation continued. (Y/N) finished setting up the table when the doors opened and she looked over once again to look over at Basch. "Welcome back" she greeted with a bright smile, effectively lessening Basch's tense expression, and turned to look over at the American "It's nice to meet you Alfred." 

His smile grew and he quickly discarded his unnecessary items before entering "It's nice to meet you as well! Lili has told me so much about you!" Lili rushed out of the kitchen and smiled happily at the sight of her boyfriend "Alfred!" Alfred rushed over and enveloped the petite girl in a hug, oblivious to the glare Basch sent him. (Y/N) laughed lightly and pulled Basch into a tight hug to whisper into his ear "Be nice." He pulled away from her with pink dusting his cheeks "I know." She planted a quick kiss on his cheek "I mean it. This is important for Lili." His blush darkened and he moved to the kitchen with her following him "I know already." (Y/N) merely smiled and took a seat at the dinner table as Lili served them.

Basch lifted the blanket and (Y/N) eagerly took her place next to him underneath their shared blanket. "You did good" she commented, and snuggled closer to him "Though you were a bit overprotective sometimes." He kept his gaze focused on the tv, but shifted to make the both of them comfortable on the couch "I'm her older brother, of course I'm going to be protective." "But sometimes you go overboard. Poor Alfred was terrified during dessert when you brought your gun out" she explained, sending him a look which he avoided by looking off to the side. "I'm not going to chastise you for your actions, but I just want to say that Lili is older now. She's mature enough to handle this on her own, but" she started, and casually glanced at the gun placed near the door "If he does break her heart, I give you full permission to do whatever you want." A small smile formed on his face and he pulled her closer to his chest "I can manage that." (Y/N) hummed in agreement before squeezing his hand "If you do what you did at dessert again, we're having another one of these talks." 

Note:

Prompt: Protective

Sorry for the paragraphs being larger this time, there's a lot of dialogue and it's a bit hard to divide it 

I don't really ship Lili + Alfred, but he was the first to come to mind so I just rolled with it

I feel like Basch's relationships are more mature and laid back because of how he is as a person 

I hope you enjoyed this 

Next is Lithuania