Estonia x Reader

Estonia (Eduard von Bock) x Reader

    Textbooks slammed shut as students eagerly packed up their supplies and rushed out of the classroom to head to their next class. (Y/N) shoved her science textbook into her backpack and glanced up to notice Eduard leaning against the desk next to her "Hey! Sorry I didn't notice you there." He sighed softly as she shrugged her backpack on "I've been here for three minutes now." "You could have greeted me." He ignored her comment and started to leave the classroom with her by his side. She glanced at him curiously as they maneuvered through the large crowd of students "Why did you stay behind today? You're usually the first one gone." "I wanted to walk to class together today" he answered, glancing over at her with a subtle blush on his cheeks. She smiled slightly and walked a bit closer to him "I'm glad you decided to do that. I like having you around."

The blush on his cheeks darkened and she smiled at his reaction. The pair arrived at their class and took their designated seats before preparing for class. (Y/N) barely registered the teacher's voice as she stared over at Eduard. His behaviour around her had begun to change and she couldn't tell why. He had become a bit jumpier and tended to avoid her hugs, and when he didn't avoid them, he'd refuse to look in her general direction. 'Does he like me?' She thought, quickly thinking about the interactions they've had for the past four months 'It would explain the pink cheeks, the flustered reactions, and his stammered words.' She smiled at the thought of her best friend being in love with her. The idea of Eduard having a crush on her didn't bother her as much as she thought it would, but rather she felt entertained by the idea.

    The bell rang and students eagerly rushed out of the classroom to prepare to head home for the long weekend. "Hey" Eduard called out, and she smiled up at him as she worked to put her supplies away "Oh, you decided to greet me this time?" He playfully rolled his eyes and silently waited for her to finish her task. She glanced at him as she packed away her pencil case and noticed him watching her with a soft look in his eyes. "How do you feel about going to the mall today?" She asked, and he blinked in surprise at the sudden invite. "I'm good with that" he replied, and she smiled at his attempt to remain casual and pretend to not be flustered. She linked arms with him and pretended to not notice the way he startled at the touch "Perfect! Let's go!" They roamed around the mall for an hour until her stomach growled in hunger. Eduard glanced down at her "Do you want to go to the food court?" "Yeah, sounds good" she replied, looking away from him with light pink dusting her cheeks.

She ignored his gentle chuckle as they changed directions to go to the food court. (Y/N) observed him from behind her drink. Eduard remained focused on the food in front of him and she took the opportunity to think about everything. They'd been best friends for ten years now, but she had never thought of him as anything more than that. However, sitting in front of him, and thinking over their entire relationship, a part of her yearned for more. "Let's go to a park after this" she stated, and he paused to look up at her. She smiled at the cute expression on his face as he swallowed his food. "Okay, but is there a reason you chose the park?" He asked, suspicious evident on his face. She shook her head with a light laugh "No specific reason. I just wanted to walk around outside. It's good for you to get fresh air, not that you would know." He blushed at the comment and returned to his food with a few complaints about her rude behaviour.

    The swings in the park creaked with the push of the wind. (Y/N) looked over to her right and observed Eduard. "Do you like me?" She gently asked, and watched in mild amusement as her best friend froze at the sudden accusation. Pink travelled across his cheekbones and down his neck "If I did, what would you say?" She remained silent for a moment. She could feel his gaze on her and she turned to look at him with a small smile "I'd say let's give it a shot." "But?" He floundered for words, and she had to resist the want to take a picture of his adorable expression "When did you start to like me?" "For a while now" she replied, "But I never seriously considered it until today." He remained silent as he registered her words and she decided to continue "You don't have to say yes." He sighed softly and determinedly turned to her "Will you be my girlfriend?" She laughed lightly at his expression "Yes."

Notes:

Prompt: Interest

I know Estonia is usually more composed, but he's a teenage boy, which means it's easier to make him flustered

I hope you enjoyed this

Next is Australia