Australia x Reader

Australia (Jett Kirkland) x Reader

    Beautiful sights laid ruined on the broken down streets of London as builders worked to repair the once prosperous city. (Y/N) fiddled with the sleeves of her blouse as she walked through the rubble in search of a familiar home. The small family home soon came into view, and she rushed up the steps to the door in search of a safe space away from the dangers of the world outside. The door opened to reveal a mop of messy blonde hair and weary green eyes that seemed to regain some life at the sight of her "You came." Her fear washed away at the sound of the calming accent, and she nodded, "Does he still need help?" The little life in Arthur's eyes disappeared with a soft sigh and small nod of his head "He's a mess. I...I wish he didn't have to go through that." He looked up at her, "I wish you didn't have to."

(Y/N) placed her bag down on the floor next to the coatrack and gently grasped Arthur's hands within her own "I'm alright. All that matters is your health. Now lead me to him." Arthur nodded and tried to ignore the scars covering her once undamaged hands. (Y/N) followed him down the hallway and stopped at the door covered in drawings of different animals and people playing with them. (Y/N) paused to look over the drawings once more and smiled at the picture of a little boy surrounded by animals and people in a field of flowers. Arthur placed a hand on her shoulder and gently squeezed it "Please help him." She nodded and entered the room.

    The room remained untouched other than for the bedsheets tossed all over the bed. Jett lifted his head and paused at the sight of (Y/N) standing a few centimetres away from him. The picture of him curled into himself contrasted the bright and confident Jett she had grown to love. (Y/N) looked into his green eyes and felt a piece of herself break as tears threatened to break free. His eyes were empty and damaged from the traumatic experience he had been forced to endure for years. (Y/N) took a deep breath and steeled her emotions for the future conversation. She approached him slowly, "Jett?" He didn't reply but continued to watch her in slight confusion and wariness. She took a seat across from him on the bed and placed a gentle hand on his arm. His eyes flicked down to her hand, and he withdrew further into himself with terrified eyes. "Jett?" She softly called out, withdrawing her hand in an attempt to provide him with comfort. "Your hands," he muttered, staring at her in worry, "The....how?"

(Y/N) glanced down at her hands and settled them on her lap, clasped together "During the w...the fight. I'm okay now, though." He relaxed at her words and inched closer to her. (Y/N) sent him a small smile "Everything is okay now, Jett. Things are getting better." He shook his head and clutched his stuffed koala closer to his chest, "You don't know that." She watched him carefully and let out a soft sigh, "You're right. I don't know that. However, right here, right now, we're safe." His grip on the koala loosened, and he nodded, "You're right." She smiled and pulled him into a gentle side hug "Jett, I want you to do something for me. Can you close your eyes?" She watched him close his eyes with slight hesitation. His grip on her tightened as memories of the war arrived at the surface of his mind. "I need you to listen to my voice and focus only on my voice." A few moments later he let out a low "okay" and tightened his grip on her.

    (Y/N) squeezed him closer to her in a comforting gesture. "You're going to be alright. No one can hurt you now. Tomorrow you and I'll be safe and sound. And the day after tomorrow, we'll both be okay. And every day after that. No one will hurt us again." Jett's grip on her loosened as he opened his eyes once again and stared at her with a small light in his once colourful and vibrant green eyes "Promise?" She smiled and placed a gentle kiss upon his cheek, "I promise." He buried his face in the crook of her neck, and she ran a soothing hand through his hair "I know this isn't enough to fix everything Jett, but I think it's a start. Every day is going to be a battle, but I'll be here to support you in everything you do. Would that be okay with you?" "Yes," he murmured and pulled her closer to him "Please don't leave me." "I wouldn't dream of doing that," she replied and returned his embrace.

    She watched helplessly from the sidelines as Jett marched amongst his men to the battlefield to end a war that would leave him broken and damaged once again.

Notes:

Prompt: Safe and Sound by Taylor Swift

I normally don't mention clothes, but I mentioned the blouse cause it is 1918 London

This is the first time Jett's been back to Arthur's house since his independence so that signifies something

I wrote this to show Jett's other side that isn't all cheery and happy

Time goes by so fast that I'll think I have all the time in the world to write a new chapter, but then Friday shows up and I realize that I haven't written the chapter and I'm extremely behind schedule and it's bad

I hope you enjoyed this

Next is Iceland