Sweden x Reader

Sweden (Berwald Oxenstierna) x Reader

Phones rang every hour within the large workplace. (Y/N) picked up the phone for the twentieth time and greeted the individual with her practiced introduction. She wrote down all the customer's requests and confirmed everything before hanging up the phone after a polite goodbye. She grabbed the paper and crossed the office to stand before Berwald's desk. The Swede looked up from his sketchbook and she shyly handed him the paper "A customer wanted table number five. They had some design ideas as well." He quietly thanked her and she rushed back to her desk from across the room. An audible sigh left her as she discreetly watched her co-worker from her desk in a slouched position. 'How can he be so perfect?' (Y/N) thought to herself, her gaze observing the subtle details most people failed to notice. 

Berwald and her had never talked past their quick ten-second work encounters, however, she couldn't escape the fluttery feeling in her chest when he'd verbally thank her or give her a nod of thanks. She particularly liked the way his blue eyes would linger on her and the way his hand would brush against hers every time he went to grab the note. (Y/N) tried to push away her thoughts and focus on her work, however, she continued to replay the short interaction within her mind to cheer herself up and provide herself with some hope. She turned her gaze back to her computer and continued her work as she absentmindedly devised plans to get closer to the object of her affection. 'Perhaps I could propose a company dinner at a meeting and sit next to him at the dinner?' Her thoughts were cut short at the sight of their shared co-worker Tino walking over to talk to Berwald.

Tino stopped at the desk and handed him a paper with a dining set drawn on it. Berwald took the paper out of his hands and observed the drawing before making a few comments on the side of the paper before handing it back. Tino quickly read through the criticism and turned to Berwald with a bright smile. (Y/N) couldn't hear the words the two shared, but the sight of Tino receiving a smile from Berwald that she herself had never received created an unpleasant feeling within her chest. The feeling was a mix of anger, jealousy, and sorrow, each emotion fighting to become dominant within her. 

Tino walked back to his desk, however, (Y/N) failed to notice as her thoughts and feelings began to consume her. 'Does he like him? No, he can't' she argued, pausing to consider her thoughts 'Why can't he like him? There's no reason for him not to like him. Tino is a great guy. He's funny and sweet and easy to talk to. It makes sense that Berwald would like him and not me.' The jealousy within her churned and she leaned her head against her desk to fight her growing nausea. (Y/N) took deep breaths to settle the feelings within her and calm her nerves down. A few moments later she sat up properly, and looked out the window 'Some fresh air might help me.' She stood from her chair and shakily made her way down the stairs and out the office building.

The cold fresh air assisted in calming her down and she took a few deep breaths to regain control of herself and her emotions. Muttered voices could be heard coming from around the corner and she inched over to the wall. 'I need something to keep my mind preoccupied' she thought, leaning against the brick wall to listen. "Berwald" a teasing voice called out, one she recognized as her co-worker Mikkel, "How's it going with Tino?" "Good" Berwald replied, his usual blunt manner evident in his tone and words. Mikkel sighed loudly and (Y/N) heard him shift on his feet "Do you actually like Tino? It sounds like you don't." Silence loomed in the air and 

(Y/N) could feel her heart hammering in her chest in anticipation and fear. "I do" he replied, voice gruff with a tint of embarrassment "I'm going to talk to him after work." "I'll be cheering for you!" Mikkel exclaimed, and (Y/N) became briefly aware of their footsteps getting closer. She pushed away her emotions for a moment to rush to the other side of the building and wait in silence until she was sure they were gone. When the building's doors closed, her legs gave out and she collapsed onto the snow. Tears streamed down her cheeks as her breathing became erratic "I'm such a fool for thinking he'd like me. Why did I ever get my hopes up?" (Y/N) remained sobbing in the snow until Tino walked around the corner ten minutes later and stopped to look at her "Are you okay?" 

Notes:

Prompt: Unrequited love + Jealousy. I combined the two because the prompts are often similar. 

Just to make it clear, that is not a happy ending. Honestly, I think that the sight of Tino at the end only makes her more miserable 

Setting: They work at an office for a furniture business 

I ship Sufin, but if you don't then you can change the name. Also, I forgot that he had an accent so please ignore that. 

I know it might sound similar to other chapters I've done, but there is very little you can do for these prompts that won't make it identical

I hope you enjoyed this 

Next is the Netherlands