Germany x Reader

Germany (Ludwig Beilschmidt) x Reader

The food supplies began to lessen day by day and the female swallowed, her throat dry and in pain from the action. She looked over at the blonde-haired male resting in the shade beside her "Ludwig." He opened his blue eyes to look into her own coloured irises "Is there a problem (Y/N)?" "No. It's nothing." His blue eyes observed her and she attempted to remain calm and unbothered by the scenario before her. She had never let anyone on the Axis team see her weakness before, especially in times of peril such as this. He looked away from her and returned to his nap in the shade. 

She released the breath she wasn't aware she was holding and stood up from her spot to go over the supplies they still had. Ludwig opened his eyes once again and leaned against the tree to observe the partner he was stranded with. He was certainly glad he wasn't stranded with Italy and that his partner was practical and intelligent in the face of danger, but he could sense something was off with (Y/N). She stopped her counting and turned around to notice Ludwig watching her intensely and she gulped once again, pain traveling down her throat.

He made his way towards her and bent down to her height "How much do we have left?" She quickly did the math in her head, mumbling for a few moments before delivering a proper and accurate number "We have enough to last another two weeks." She paused for a few moments and Ludwig watched as her brain worked to prolong them "We could last five weeks if done properly. There will be instances of starvation though." He looked into her eyes and processed everything "We aren't doing the five-week plan." 

She stared at him in confusion and he sighed, running a hand through his loose blonde hair "I can't have you starving. If it gets bad you can have some of my portions." "Ludwig" she started, but he cut her off with a stern glare "You will not argue with me. You are a human (Y/N) and I'm a nation. If I die, I will merely be revived." She felt tears beginning to form and she angrily blinked them away, startling the European nation "That's not right. I don't want you to die a horrible death because of me." He watched the flurry of emotions in her eyes and he smiled slightly "Alright. Thank you (Y/N)." She nodded and left him to his own devices as she moved to take a nap in the shade, under the large tree.

Ludwig remained still for a few moments, organizing the food and water into days, before joining her in the shade. She looked over her shoulder to take notice of her companion sleeping soundly next to her and she felt the weight of his words sink into her. She knew being human meant she was fragile, she knew that if she didn't take care of herself she could permanently die, and she knew the difference between her and Ludwig. Tears began to flow down her cheeks and she attempted to silence her sobs as realization began to settle in. Her throat burned, crying out for water, as her sobs grew louder and began hurting her chest. She felt warms arms envelop her and she allowed her mask to break as she faced Ludwig. 

He stared into her eyes and attempted to wipe away her tears, failing as new ones replaced old ones. "What's the matter (Y/N)?" He murmured, his tone calming her down momentarily. She managed to sputter out between sobs "I'm going to die on this island." Ludwig could notice the evident fear in her voice and he allowed her to cry, unsure of how to handle the situation as he had never seen her act this way before. He pulled her closer to his chest "You aren't going to die here. I'll make sure we're rescued."

 He made her look into his eyes "I want you to take my rations. I don't need it." Despite her teary eyes she shook her head and remained stubborn on the topic "The one thing I want more than to survive is for you to be okay Ludwig. I love you." His blue eyes widened slightly and he stared into her resolute eyes "Me? After everything I've done?" She chuckled slightly, wiping away her tears "Ludwig we've committed the same crimes." A small smile took place on his face and he buried his face in her hair "I love you too (Y/N). We'll get out of here alive."

Years passed and Ludwig stood before her grave, a bouquet of flowers in his hand, a small smile on his face, and tears flowing down his cheeks "We made it off the island (Y/N)."

Author's Note:

I hope you enjoyed the read.

The next insert will be Alfred F. Jones, the United States of America.