Request: Japan x Reader Part 2

Japan (Honda Kiku/Kiku Honda) x Reader Part 2

Being back in Japan felt odd and (Y/N) walked around slightly uncomfortable. She hadn't returned to the country since her break-up with Kiku. Her current job brought her back to the eastern country she used to adore. She decided to attend an art show with her friend on one of her days off to distract herself from the stress of work and moving to a somewhat new environment. She didn't know what to expect, having abandoned art three years ago, but she remained optimistic about the experience. Her friend turned to look at her "Is something wrong? You seem down." She shook her head "I'm alright. Everything just seems a bit weird right now." Her friend sent her a knowing smile and looped their arms together "Well, now that I'm here things are going to be a bit better." She smiled and nodded in reply. 

The two friends arrived at the art show and (Y/N) patiently waited in line to purchase tickets. People chatted with excited tones and (Y/N) tried her best to translate the rapid Japanese. She managed to catch the words 'artist' and 'Honda', along with a few other random words. (Y/N) furrowed her eyebrows in confusion "Do you know who the artist is?" Her friend sent her a confused innocent look "No. I just heard they rose to fame for their beautiful depictions of the scenery of Japan." (Y/N) frowned, but remained silent.

They entered the art gallery and she gazed at the beautiful paintings. The art took her breath away the longer she gazed at it and took notice of the little details. The paintings felt familiar and warmth spread throughout her chest. They slowly made their way throughout the gallery and she made sure to spend at least three minutes looking at each painting. Some paintings made her stay longer, much to her friend's annoyance. They arrived at a large display and (Y/N) felt tears well up in her eyes as she stared at the masterpiece of the show. The painting of Mt. Fuji was beautiful. The artist depicted it perfectly and she couldn't stop the small smile from forming on her face. 

She wiped away her tears as two teenagers walked by "Mr. Honda Kiku will be on stage in five minutes. We have to hurry." The familiar name ran through her brain multiple times and she looked at the painting once again. Her friend smiled knowingly "He painted this because of his first time meeting you. He said during an interview it only brought him fond memories." She looked over at her friend "You knew?" They nodded and grabbed her arm "Now hurry. He's going on stage soon." She smiled brightly and nodded.

The panel started the moment they arrived and Kiku stood on the stage. (Y/N) watched with tearful eyes. It had been a long time since she had seen him in person. She was glad he looked happy and became successful. She listened to his speech earnestly and smiled softly as he described his inspiration for the Mt. Fuji painting. The panel ended after an hour and she turned to look at her friend "It was nice to see him again." "It was nice to see you too (Y/N)." She blinked in surprise and turned around to meet familiar brown eyes. 

She smiled softly "Hello Kiku. It's been a long time." He nodded "It has." She fiddled with her fingers unsure of what to say. He offered a small smile "How about we walk around? We can talk about the last six years." She nodded after gaining her friend's approval. They roamed throughout the gallery making small talk. As each moment passed, the more she realized she missed her relationship with Kiku. The pair had broken it off due to long-distance complications, but nothing had been a major issue to cause them to despise the other.

Kiku stopped in front of the Mt. Fuji painting and she stopped next to him. He remained silent for a few moments "Every time I look at this painting I think of you." She remained silent to let him collect his thoughts. He glanced at her with a soft expression "It makes me remember the day we met in art class. I remember our trip to see Mt. Fuji. Any time I think about you, all I can remember are the good moments shared between us." She smiled and ignored the forming tears "Me too Kiku." 

Silence loomed over the two of them once again. She wiped away her tears "Kiku." He looked over at her with a hopeful expression. She smiled softly "Distance is no longer a problem....do you think we could try again?" He gently grabbed her hand and nodded with pink dusting his cheeks "I think we can." 

Author's Note:

I wrote this chapter due to a request by @yanagirenjiidealtype 

They wanted a part 2 for Japan and I said it might take a while because I wanted to finish the other major characters first, but then I did the math and realized that might take 7-8 weeks and I felt bad. I didn't want them to wait that long so I decided to write it. I thought it would be done on Wednesday, but I finished today which resulted in an earlier update. 

This might not be the part 2 you are looking for or expected. When people expect a part 2 they expect family life or just overall happy relationship, but this was the only idea that came to mind. 

I hope you still enjoyed this though.

Mt. Fuji is a reoccurring thing because of part one and also because it's really the only landmark that I know enough about in Japan. I'm sorry for not knowing too much about the country, even though I would love to learn if I had the time. 

The chapter for Lithuania will still be updated on Friday, so there will be no delays.

Thank you to everyone who has stuck with me through this journey.