America x Reader

America (Alfred F. Jones) x Reader

She clenched the gun in her hands and stared at the younger nation before her as the rain fell on both of them. The rain managed to remove the blood off her face, but her clothes remained stained and the mud grew harder to walk on as time passed. She trudged through the mud and stood next to the taller blonde haired male, a grim smile on his normally cheerful face. He looked down at her and a small smile made it's way onto his face "Hey." She smiled at him as his blue eyes lit up momentarily "How are you doing Alfred?" She expected him to strike his familiar pose, but his smile fell and his eyes stared at the gun in his hands "Not good. England is gaining some land back from the revolutionary army."

 He looked into her eyes and winced as he saw the anger and betrayal in them "How are you doing?" "I'll be doing better once we kick England's ass." Her comment caused a small chuckle to escape the male and she couldn't stop the smile from forming on her face. She adored Alfred and loved him more than she had ever loved anyone else. She looked over at the three males standing behind him, each male brandishing their own type of weapon and they all held a strong desire to destroy England.

Alfred placed a supportive hand on her shoulder and she turned to look at him once again "If you ever need to talk, Francis is here for you." She chuckled and punched him lightly on the shoulder "What if I wanted to talk to you? Would you really deny me?" Alfred's eyes widened "Of course not! I'm the hero after all." She smiled and ruffled his hair, forced to lean up to complete the action "Just what I expected of my hero." His face grew warm from their close proximity and he held back his urge to place a quick kiss on her lips. He shook his head and she watched him in confusion "Is there a problem Alfred?" He bit his tongue and stopped himself from confessing his love. He cleared his throat and looked away with a blush painting his cheeks "It's just that a hero needs a sidekick." 

She blinked up at him in confusion "You already have three. There's Francis, Antonio, and Gilbert." He opened his mouth to clarify himself, but her attention was grabbed by Antonio "Chica I require assistance." She rushed over to him in worry "What's the matter, Antonio?" He frowned in frustration, a first for the Spaniard, "My weapon is broken. Do you think you could fix it?" She politely took the weapon from his hold and muttered as she examined it "Did Francis and Gilbert not know how to?" Gilbert smiled at her "Of course my awesome self knows." She looked up at him after handing the fixed weapon to Antonio "Why didn't you awesomely help then?" Gilbert looked away from her and she smirked in victory.

The American and his allies were sent to battle with England and Alfred watched as his female companion buzzed with anger. He knew she chose to fight with him due to her lack of acceptance of her older brother's behaviour and treatment towards his colonies, not because of her personal bond with Alfred. He knew they had only grown closer due to the fighting plaguing their daily lives, and that their friendship had grown in a heat of passion. He knew all of these things, but he couldn't stop himself from falling deeply in love with the nation beside him. 

He cleared his throat and gripped his gun tightly to his chest "(Y/N)." She looked up at him and he could see the love in her eyes when she observed him. He smiled, internally fawning from the way she looked at him. She watched him curiously, her heartbeat beating faster in her chest in confusion and anticipation as he stared at her with his blazing blue eyes "Alfred?" He leaned down and placed a passionate kiss onto her lips. She smiled and threaded her hands in his blonde hair, pulling away to look into his eyes once again "I love you Alfred." He smiled and held her close to his chest "I love you too (Y/N). I always have." However, a love born out of conflict never truly lasts.

She stared at the American before her with fury in her eyes, the same fury she had directed towards her older brother Arthur Kirkland years earlier. She clutched onto the Canadian in her arms, turning her attention to care for him as the fires blazed behind them, burning the Canadian parliament down to the ground "I'll never forgive you Alfred F. Jones." 

Author's Note:

I hope you enjoyed the chapter. I know that the last few chapters have been filled with angst, but the next one ends on a better note. 

The next chapter deals with a mute reader and I hope I wrote it properly. I'm not entirely knowledgable on the matter, and if something needs to be changed I'll do it.

Anyways, the next insert will involve Romano.