Russia x Reader

Russia (Ivan Braginsky) x Reader

Nations conversed with one another and the young nation (Y/N) watched the large Russian in worry. She noticed his shortened breath and his struggle to keep his eyes open as Arthur rambled on and on about the joys of tea. Ludwig had long given up on keeping chaos and allowed the Brit to enjoy his time. She scooted over to Ivan "Is everything okay?" He watched her cautiously and nodded. She frowned at his answer "Don't lie to me. I know you're sick." He stared down at his notes in an attempt to shut her out. 

She sighed in frustration and turned back to her notes. She didn't understand why he refused to talk to her about personal matters. They had been close allies for years, but he remained elusive. Ludwig called for a break and (Y/N) immediately corned Katyusha in the kitchen. The Ukrainian nation blinked in surprise, but greeted her long-time ally with a small smile "How may I help you?" "Ivan. Why won't he tell me what's wrong?" She mumbled, realizing the childishness in her complaint.

Katyusha looked away uncertainly, unsure about how much information she should provide. (Y/N) anxiously awaited her answer. She worried she had done something to anger the nation she loved so much. Katyusha fiddled with her fingers "He does not want you to worry. He does not want to cause you grief." "Why would I be worried? I understand he's sick, but nations recover." Katyusha clutched onto herself tightly as the tears broke loose "He's dying. The Russian Federation is falling." (Y/N) remained still as she processed the words. She shook her head and let out a dry chuckle "That's not possible Katyusha. Ivan could never die. Russia is too strong. He's strong." The tears freely flowed down her cheeks and Katyusha pulled her into a tight hug. 

The two nations sobbed over the news and (Y/N) held on tightly to her friend, the one thing stopping her from breaking on the spot. She glanced at the clock and composed herself. Katyusha wiped away her tears "Please don't let him know I told you." "I promise" she stated, wiping away a stray tear on her cheek. She returned to her seat and watched the Russian from the corner of her eye.

Thoughts of how to save his country raced throughout her mind. She texted her boss to inform her of the situation in Russia. She winced as she read through the details. The only way to save his country would be if he absorbed another strong nation. She attempted to shake away the thought, but it lingered in the back of her mind. She considered the possibility. "How far am I willing to go for Ivan?" She thought. 

She looked over at him and a small smile played at her lips. "Ivan" she called out, and he looked at her with curious violet eyes. She smiled and placed a soft kiss on his lips "I love you." Pink dusted his cheeks as he stared at her in wide-eyed confusion, yet happiness. She stood up from her seat "Ludwig." The German looked at her with slight annoyance at the disturbance "Yes?" "There is a crisis occurring in my government. May I leave to attend to it?" Ludwig immediately nodded and she left the room. Ivan watched her with confusion clouding his thoughts and a warm feeling lingering in his chest.

She entered her office and took a seat in front of her boss. They looked up "Are you sure about this?" She nodded "I am." Her boss hesitated as he observed the nation placed before him "This will lead to your disappearance. How far are you willing to go for him?" "As far as I have to. Knowing my people and Ivan will be safe gives me happiness and hope for the future" she stated, and he sighed. 

He signed the papers and gave her a small smile "You have been a wonderful nation (Y/N). The people will prosper. Russia will prosper due to your sacrifice." She allowed a small smile to form "Thank you, sir." She left the room and stood on the hilltop gazing at the setting of the sun. She could feel herself slowly disappearing as the deal finalized. She watched the sun go down with a small smile. She knew the sun would rise again and it filled her with peace.

Silence loomed in the meeting room as realization set in among the nations. Russia looked at the empty seat next to him as his sickness slowly cured itself "No. Why? I..." 

Author's Note

The ending didn't end like how I wanted, but things happen I guess. 

I hope you enjoyed it though. 

Next one is Norway.