Spain x Reader

Spain (Antonio Carriedo) x Reader

Dragostea Din Tei blared loudly in the police precinct and the police officers continued their work despite hearing a song not common within a normal police station. (Y/N) watched in adoration as her fiancé Antonio fumbled with his phone and pressed it to his ear "Officer Carriedo speaking." His usual sunny expression morphed into one of concern as he listened to the person on the other side describe the situation. "Okay. I understand. I'll be there are soon as I can" he explained, pausing momentarily to listen to the other person say goodbye before hanging up. He turned to focus his green eyes on her with a sad smile "Sorry amor. We can't go get lunch together as we'd planned." (Y/N) stood up from her spot across his desk and walked over to him "It's okay. We can always have lunch another day. I understand how important your job is Antonio." His sunny expression returned to his face as he enveloped her into a tight hug "You're perfect." He placed a gentle kiss on her cheek as he pulled away to look at her properly once again. 

His eyes glanced down at her swollen belly and he placed a hand over her stomach. (Y/N) smiled at him as she placed a supportive hand over his "Stay safe." "I will" he promised, placing a kiss on her lips before gathering his items and leaving the police station. "How is the mother of my future niece or nephew doing?" Francis asked, sliding over to sit on Antonio's desk. (Y/N) smiled at him and gathered her things "Fantastic. How are you doing Francis?" He sighed melodramatically and pulled her into a friendly hug "Anxious. I want to meet the baby already." She laughed softly and returned his hug "Francis, I understand you, but it's not something I can rush." He sat back up properly on the desk "I know mon ami." (Y/N) finished zipping up her winter coat "I'm going to head home and wait for Antonio to finish up. If anything happens with the baby, I'll let you know." Francis waved goodbye and watched her walk into the cold winter air.

The door opened to reveal a comfy apartment and (Y/N) stepped inside to bask in the warmth from the apartment. She shed her winter coat and placed it on the coat rack. (Y/N) took a seat on the couch and snuggled herself into the warm blankets and breathed a sigh of relief. She glanced at the clock and wondered when Antonio would return home from work and hoped the call he received didn't stress him out too much. The gentle hum of the heater lulled her to sleep and she closed her eyes to the calming site of snowflakes cascading down from the sky. "Amor? Are you home?" The gentle voice of her fiancé called out, and (Y/N) opened her eyes to observe him peek his head into the living room. His tense expression morphed into one of vulnerability when he noticed her sleepy gaze placed upon him. 

He dropped his coat onto the floor and sat down on the couch before pulling her into a tight hug. "Antonio?" She softly called out, worry making its way into her voice. Her worry intensified at the sound of a sniffle. She ran a comforting hand through his brown hair and allowed him to bury his face in the crook of her neck "Tough case?" He let out a barely audible 'yes' as he clung on tighter to her. She hummed and used her other hand to draw comforting circles on his back "Can you tell me what happened?" He nodded in confirmation and she patiently waited for him to calm down. 

He pulled away from her, however, one of his hands remained tightly intertwined with hers. He wiped away his tears with his free hand and for a moment his green eyes seemed to shine. She smiled reassuringly at him "Let it all out. I'm here for you." Antonio sniffled once again "A lady was murdered." (Y/N) kept her mouth shut as she had a feeling he wasn't done. He placed his free hand on her swollen belly and whispered, "She was pregnant. The husband killed her because he didn't want the baby...It made me scared you and the baby would be hurt. I'd never do that to you, but accidents can happen." Tears gathered in his eyes again as a cold feeling washed over (Y/N). She cleared her head and gripped both of his hands "Antonio, my love, I'm okay. I'm going to be perfect, and do you know why I'll be okay?" He shook his head and she placed a gentle kiss on his cheek "Because I have you here." Her words seemed to calm him down and he pulled her into another warm hug.

Two months later, Antonio stood in the hospital room with their son Lovino held close to his chest and a bright smile on his face as he gazed down at his child.

Notes: 

Prompt: Investigation. I used this word solely for the fact that Antonio would be the hottest cop ever

Amor = love (Spanish)

Mon ami = my friend (French)

I find it kind of funny that Francis (and Gil don't worry) are the "uncles" because Lovino in the anime isn't their biggest fan

I set it during the winter even though Lovino is a summer nation because I love winter and I'm in a winter mood 

I hope you enjoyed this 

Next is Prussia