Finland x Reader

Finland (Tino Väinämöinen) x Reader

Tino wandered throughout the outdoor mall hand in hand with (Y/N) as the snow fell around them. (Y/N) gazed at the different stores as they walked in search of anything she could buy as a gift. She paused outside a shoe store "Tino, do you think he would like new shoes?" He pondered the thought "Probably not. For some reason, most nations wear the same clothes almost constantly." She sighed and leaned her head on his shoulder "Why is Emil so hard to shop for?" "It might have something to do with him not clearly expressing what he wants" Tino commented and she glared at him "Not helpful Tino." He chuckled lightly "Don't worry. We'll find him the perfect present." 

They walked past countless stores and (Y/N) could feel her toes beginning to freeze. Tino remained unaffected by the cold weather and she envied him greatly at the moment. An hour later they had managed to find the perfect present for Emil. (Y/N) shivered in her jacket and wiggled her fingers around to keep them active. Tino watched her carefully "Is something wrong?" She silently shook her head in reply. She didn't want to activate his mother hen mode.

They continued to walk in silence as Tino cast glances at her. He grabbed her hand to stop her from walking "(Y/N) are you feeling sick? You're looking a bit feverish." "It's nothing" she smiled at him, before mumbling "It's just a bit cold." Tino frowned as his grip on her hand tightened "Why didn't you tell me? We have to hurry home to get you warmed up." She blinked in surprise as he started dragging her toward their home. The journey was longer than he liked, but they had arrived at their cabin in twenty minutes. The moment (Y/N) walked into the house, Tino stripped her of her soaked sneakers and her winter jacket. 

He gently guided her to the couch and buried her in blankets "Stay here. I'll make some hot chocolate." (Y/N) watched as Tino wandered around the kitchen in panic as he failed to locate the proper ingredients. She told him the locations and he gratefully smiled at her before returning to his task. She pulled the blankets closer to her "Why is he acting like this? It's not like I was even close to getting frostbite." She watched Tino working in the kitchen and a small smile formed on her face. She wondered how she had gotten lucky enough to get someone as wonderful as Tino.

A cup of hot chocolate was placed on the table in front of her and she looked up into concerned violet eyes. She lifted her blanket and he slipped under the layers of fabric. (Y/N) snuggled up to him "Thank you. I feel much better now." He drew calming circles on her back and planted a soft kiss upon her forehead "It's good to hear that." Silence loomed over them as (Y/N) sipped her hot chocolate and Tino thought about different things. He broke the silence first "I'm sorry." She frowned as she placed her hot chocolate down "For what?" He sniffled "I didn't think about you. Being the nation of Finland the cold doesn't affect me too much. The thought that you might be cold didn't even pass through my mind. I'm sorry." 

She shifted to turn around to stare into his eyes "It's okay." He shook his head "It's not. I should be more considerate and careful around you. You're human (Y/N)." She placed a soft kiss on his lips, effectively stopping him "It's okay Tino. It's hard to adjust to new things." He stared at her with teary eyes "Really?" She nodded and rested her forehead against his "Really. What matters is that you took action when you realized and I love you for that. If it was getting really bad I would have let you know." He nodded and blinked away his forming tears.

She smiled in content and snuggled up next to him once again. Tino squeezed her tightly and she smiled at the warmth being emitted from his body. "Do you think Emil will like his gift?" She stated, voicing her concern out loud. Tino chuckled at the sudden change in subject "I'm sure he'll love it. He loves anything you get for him." She smiled "Good. I hope he likes it." On the day of Emil's birthday, the weather had worsened considerably. Tino ensured she was all bundled up and covered in every possible winter wear. She pouted "They're gonna make fun of me." He smiled and hugged her in all her winter clothing glory "If they do, I'll beat them up." They arrived at the party, gift in hand, and Matthias soon on the floor with an angry Tino staring down at him.

Author's Note:

Hope you guys enjoyed this one. I really like playing around with the idea of a human and nation relationship because there's so much fluff and even more angst. 

Anyways, the next one is Poland.