Request: Russia x Reader

Russia (Ivan Braginsky) x Reader *Request*

Each second felt like a minute had passed as (Y/N) patiently waited in front of her classmate's door. Her teacher had assigned her to be the partner of Ivan Braginsky. The two were assigned with assisting each other in making a dish from their country and to work together to write a report on their partner's dish. Ivan opened the door and smiled "You're here!" She nodded with slight confusion "Why wouldn't I be?" He shook his head and gestured for her to come in "No reason." (Y/N) entered the house and followed him into the kitchen curiously "Did you decide on a dish?" He nodded and enthusiastically got the ingredients for his dish ready "Zefir." She quickly washed her hands before putting on an apron "We'll do your dish first." He nodded and put his apron on after washing his hands.

She failed to hide her smile as she looked at his apron. He followed her gaze and a light pink dusted his cheeks "It's my sister's apron." "Sure it is" she lightly teased, amused at the sight of the pink flush darkening in embarrassment. She sent him a soft smile "Do you wanna get started?" He nodded and unsuccessfully tried to will his blush away. The pair got to work on completing his dish. Ivan watched over her as he worked to ensure she followed the recipe properly. She glanced over at him "Ivan?" He looked up at her "Yes?" She paused what she was doing and smiled at him "Thanks." He watched her in mild confusion, his violet eyes searching her for an answer. She turned back to her work with a small smile and a faint blush on her cheeks.

They finished the preparations and (Y/N) watched as Ivan busied himself with cleaning up. She had developed a crush on the tall Russian the moment she had seen him. It was rare for people to have violet eyes and she had been drawn to him because of his peculiar eyes. Her attraction to her classmate grew the more she spent time with him. Ivan turned to her "Want to start on your dish?" She glanced at the clock "Can we take a quick break?" He nodded and sat down next to her at the kitchen table. (Y/N) rummaged in her bag before pulling out a tiny sunflower in a small message bottle. She handed it to Ivan "I heard you liked sunflowers. I was going to get you a proper one, but I couldn't find a flower shop nearby." She looked up from the gift to look at his expression.

She had seen the Russian happy before, but it didn't compare to the joy emitting from him at the moment. She smiled at him "Glad you like it." He composed himself "Why did you get me a gift?" Red slowly decorated her cheeks as he watched her with an unfamiliar expression "Two reasons. First of all, I wanted to thank you." "For?" "For being my partner. I mean, I heard how you volunteered to be my partner on the day when I was absent and the teacher had been forming pairs" she explained, peeking at him nervously. His childish smile changed into a calmer foreign smile "We are friends, aren't we?" (Y/N) nodded "We are." He smiled and placed the gift on the table gently "And what's the second reason?" The innocence in his voice disappeared as he watched her with a fond expression.

Thoughts raced throughout her mind. She didn't know whether or not she was truly prepared. His violet eyes watched her with childish curiosity and with a hint of expectation. She took a deep breath and tried to ignore the warmth in her face "Because I like you." Ivan sent her his famous smile "I like you too." She blinked and watched the pink on his cheeks travel to his ears "Really?" He nodded "That's why I volunteered. I wanted to be your partner to get closer to you." Happiness exploded in her chest and she smiled "I didn't think this would work." "Why not sunflower?" He casually asked. Her cheeks reddened at the unexpected pet name "We should return to baking." He chuckled at her embarrassment and nodded.

The two worked together on her recipe. She instructed Ivan to the best of her abilities but would grow flustered if he got too close or if he called her sunflower. Ivan leaned against the counter with a small content smile as he watched her watching the dessert bake in the oven "There's another plus to this relationship." "What?" His smile grew "I can finally tell that stupid American Alfred that I got a girlfriend before him." She rolled her eyes and returned to watching the dessert with a small smile on her face and a light blush on her cheeks.

Author's Notes:

Requested By: ARandomWeeb5

Request Information: fluffy and cute.

Prompt Word: Pie (and I know pie isn't mentioned, but I used the word dessert and pie can be a dessert so it's allowed).

I previously had a different dessert which I was told was wrong so I changed it. Sorry for the mix up (It just proves to be careful with Google).

I hope it's cute and I hope you enjoyed it.

America will still be updated on Friday.