Request: Dad!Prussia x Mom!Reader

Request: Dad!Prussia (Gilbert Beilschmidt) x Mom!Reader

Two pairs of ruby red eyes stared down at her and she rolled over to ignore the eager looks sent her way. Her action was followed by the familiar loud cackle she had gotten used to over the years "I told ya kiddo! I knew she would ignore us. You know what that means?" "It means you get to choose what's for dinner today" her son replied, clear disappointment in his voice. "That's right! Now let's go get dressed to go to the grocery store!" Gilbert exclaimed, followed by another sigh from their son. (Y/N) rubbed her eyes to get rid of her fatigue and turned in time to watch her family walk out of her bedroom with a smug look on Gilbert's face. She quickly ran through the conversation in her head and sighed when she glanced at the clock next to her bed "I guess it's time to get up. I can't trust those two alone at the grocery store." (Y/N) took her time running through her morning routine and tried to ignore the chaotic shouts coming from her son's room. 

Two bodies rushed into the washroom as she turned off the sink "Mom!" (Y/N) turned to look down at her son who sported an upset expression "What happened now?" "Dad won't let me wear a red shirt because he said it's his colour!" He complained, sending a small glare towards his father. "Gil? Care to explain your reasoning?" She asked, turning her gaze to look at her husband. He frowned slightly and turned away stubbornly "The awesome me shouldn't have to share his colour with anyone." "Not even your son?" She added, and he nodded in confirmation. "But doesn't he share your 'awesome' genes?" (Y/N) asked, trying to hide her smile when he visibly faltered and turned to stare down at his carbon copy. Gilbert relented with a pained sigh "Alright. Let's go pick out the best red shirt you own kiddo." He left the room and her son turned to smile at her and silently mouth a quick 'thank you' before running after his father. (Y/N) stared at the empty doorway for a moment before returning to completing her morning routine.

She watched in disbelief as her husband and son laughed together and raced around the grocery store. She sighed with a soft smile "What a bunch of weirdos. They were fighting just a moment ago." "(Y/N)!" Gil shouted, followed by a loud "Mom!" She placed the box of cereal in the shopping cart and looked over to see matching expressions on her husband's and son's faces "Yes?" "Can we get this?" Her son asked eagerly, shoving a box of cookies in her face. She observed him carefully and felt her will breaking apart from the excited expression on his face "Okay." He cheered and turned to high-five his father. Gil's smile brightened when he noticed the ice cream aisle "Kiddo are you thinking what I'm thinking?" "Ice cream?" "Ice cream" he agreed, and the two took off together in search of the best ice cream they could find and buy. 

She watched her family run off and turned back to the grocery list in her hands "It always ends up like this." (Y/N) took her time making her way through the aisles and smiled when she managed to catch a glimpse of her husband and her son. The pair returned to her when she entered the line with her son sitting on Gil's shoulders. Gil placed a quick kiss on her cheek "Sorry for running around so much." She smiled slightly and nudged him lightly with her elbow "It's alright. I like seeing the two of you having fun. But since I did all the shopping, that means you have to bag the groceries." He suppressed a noise of complaint and took his son off his shoulders "Do you think you can help dad bag the groceries?" Their son nodded with a competitive look in his eyes "I bet I can bag faster than you!" "Oh? Is that a challenge?" "Yeah! It is a challenge!" (Y/N) sighed and watched the chaos that ensued during their challenge.

With the two of them filled to the brim with food, (Y/N) found them lounging in the living room with tired expressions as a movie played on the television. She smiled fondly at the sight of their son curled into his father as Gilbert struggled to keep his eyes open. Despite the chaos they always seemed to create, she loved the two of them more than anything in the world. Gilbert's eyes shut and she took out her phone to snap a picture of the cute moment. (Y/N) sent the picture along with a quick message to Ludwig who she knew would appreciate being able to see his brother and his nephew. She shut her phone off and placed it quietly on the living room table. With everything settled and cleaned, (Y/N) lifted the blanket the two shared and cuddled into Gilbert's side.

Notes: 

Requested By: PrincessCat142

Prompt: Family dynamic 

The kid is like ten in this and the two are always competing with each other, but its healthy competition so it's okay

I hope you enjoyed this

I'll update Iceland today, just after I wake up so it's a bit spaced out time wise