North Italy x Reader

North Italy (Feliciano Vargas) x Reader

Tourists walked around Venice taking pictures and enjoying the scenery as they chatted with their family members and friends. Feliciano watched them with a bright smile. He felt proud that people enjoyed spending time within his side of the country. His smile faltered at the sight of a female staring out at the water with a slightly upset expression on her face. He maneuvered his way throughout the crowd and made his way over to her "Are you not enjoying Venice, bella?" She looked over at him in mild surprise "I am enjoying my trip. Venice is beautiful, but, I didn't expect the water to be so...." He followed her gaze to the murky green waters. 

She glanced at him "I'm sorry I didn't mean to insult your country. You are Italian, right?" He turned to her with a friendly smile on his face "Si. You're not insulting it, you're stating a fact." She remained quiet as he continued "When I was younger, the water was a crystal blue colour. The green you see now, no one thought it'd happen." He ignored the shame building up in his chest and smiled brightly at her "My name's Feliciano Vargas." She laughed at the sudden change in energy "I'm (Y/N)." He grabbed her hand and pulled her up from their sitting position "Have you had lunch yet?" She shook her head and he took off to his favourite restaurant.

People chatted happily around them in various languages. (Y/N) looked across the table at the happy Italian and smiled as he continued to chat about the history of Venice. The waiter arrived with their food and Feliciano watched (Y/N) carefully "Do you like it?" She swallowed her food "Yeah. Italian food never fails to impress." His smile brightened and he returned to his plate of pasta. They soon finished their food and Feliciano guided her to Piazza San Marco. She gazed at the buildings in wonder, enraptured by their beauty. Feliciano tugged her over to St. Mark's Basilica. (Y/N) stared down at their locked hands as light pink dusted her cheeks. She shook her head to clear her thoughts "You're lucky you get to see this every day." He smiled in pride "I am." 

His mind switched tracks immediately and he tugged her hand once again "Want gelato?" "Only if I can pay this time." "Sure!" He exclaimed, dragging her off to a nearby gelato place. They each chose their favourite flavours and found a dining table outside the small establishment. Feliciano chatted happily about random topics, always finding himself back to the topic of pasta. (Y/N) felt energized by his happy nature and got swept up in his conversation about different pasta types. They engaged in a debate about which type of pasta is the best and which is the worst. They failed to notice the gelato in their paper cups melting as the debate continued.

Their conversation continued longer than either of them anticipated and Feliciano smiled happily when he emerged victorious. (Y/N) glanced down at the melted gelato in her cup and frowned slightly. Feliciano looked down at his "We could buy another." She shook her head and smiled softly at him "It's alright. It's too late for gelato anyways." Feliciano stared up at the night sky in surprise. His carefree smile returned to his face "Wanna watch the ships? It's quieter now that people have left." (Y/N) nodded in agreement and followed behind him. They sat down near the pier and stared at the large cruise ships looming over them. Feliciano watched her out of the corner of his eye. He hadn't noticed how pretty she was. "How long will you be here for?" He questioned, smiling as she turned to look at him. "I'm only here for a week. I have a life to get back to, and sadly vacations don't last forever" she explained. 

He ignored the disappointment that flowed throughout him. He smiled at her "We should keep in touch!" He took out his phone and expectantly looked at her "Can I have your number?" She laughed and nodded as she took her own phone out of her pocket "Sure. How about we get each other's Insta's too? To avoid long-distance charges." He easily agreed and the two swapped information. When the act had been completed, they both laid down to stare up at the stars. (Y/N) smiled up at the sky "They're so beautiful." Feliciano smiled and looked over at her "They really are." She looked over at him to catch him staring at her. She felt a familiar heat rush to her cheeks "Yeah." Feliciano's smile grew and he sat up "Let's hang out tomorrow again!" She pushed her embarrassment aside and nodded "Okay." 

Author's Notes

I know the water in Venice is getting better these days and I'm happy about that, but when I went it was a murky green, which was a bit disappointing, but overall Venice is beautiful. 

Piazza San Marco = St. Mark's Square (Anglicized version) 

Si = yes

Sorry for not going into depth about pasta, but I know little to nothing about it. 

Prompt Word: Blue. The beginning of the chapter is based on that. 

I hope you liked this chapter.

Next is Japan. There is going to be a double update next week. Japan will be put up on Tuesday, and Austria will be put up on Friday.