Scotland x Reader

Scotland (Allistor Kirkland) x Reader

She knocked on the door to the hidden wooden cabin in Canada. She heard a muffled shout and heavy footsteps making their way to the door. She frowned in confusion. Matthew never walked like that. The door swung open to reveal a red haired Scotsman smoking a cigar. His bright green eyes observed her as she observed him in turn. He smirked and leaned against the door "Are you here for Mattie lassie?" "I am. Who are you?" "I'm his uncle Allistor." "It's a pleasure to meet you Allistor. I'm (Y/N)." She introduced herself and shook his hand.

She gestured to the entryway behind him and he moved out of the way. He followed her into the kitchen "What are you here for? Is there something you need from Mattie?" She took a seat on the kitchen stool "I just came here to hang out. We're neighbours, but I rarely have time to see him." Allistor smiled at the comment. He took a seat across the table from her and leaned on his hand "Thanks. Mattie doesn't get guests often. I try to hang with him as much as I can, but it's hard." (Y/N) smiled at him "That's quite kind of you." He allowed a lazy smile to form on his face.

The two remained in silence momentarily. (Y/N) watched him carefully. 'Matthew's family looks really young, even his father looks to young to be his father." Allistor raised an eyebrow at her staring "I know I'm good looking, but you seem to really think that." Heat rushed to her face and she rushed to explain herself. He chuckled at her reaction "Tell me about yourself." She relaxed in her chair and launched into a detailed synopsis of her life. She occasionally glanced at him to ensure he didn't fall asleep from boredom. He watched her with interested green eyes and he leaned closer to her.

She finished her description "How about you? Tell me your life story." He leaned back in his chair "There's not much to tell." She rolled her eyes and nudged him playfully "I highly doubt that." He remained silent before giving in "Alright." He shifted in his chair to become comfortable "I'm sure you've met Mattie's father." She nodded "Arthur Kirkland, right?" He hummed in confirmation before continuing "I'm the oldest of four. It's me, then Ciaran, then Artie, and then Dylan. We're a unique family. We've had our fair share of fights, but it's all behind us now. I'm from Scotland, Ciaran is from Northern Ireland, Artie is from England, and Dylan is from Wales." She raised an eyebrow in confusion.

He chuckled at her expression. He understood where her confusion came from. "Our mother was the oddest one in the family. She moved to each country in the United Kingdom just to make the joke 'We have the United Kingdom under one roof'." He paused, the small smile on his face disappearing "She died when Dylan was only two. I've had to raise them ever since." (Y/N) frowned and placed a supportive hand on his "You've done a great job. Sure Arthur can be quite grumpy, but he's a nice guy." Allistor let out a small laugh at her comment as an easy smile formed on his face "Artie's always been like that. I wouldn't trade him for the world."

He cleared his throat at the sappy comment "Mattie won't be done for a while. How about we watch a movie in the living room?" She watched his green eyes with curiosity. She wondered why a complete stranger was being nice to her, but then she recalled her first meeting with Matthew. 'It must run in the family' she thought to herself as she accepted his offer.

The pair took a seat on the couch and (Y/N) flipped through Matthew's Netflix. She landed on a comedy and turned to Allistor with questioning eyes "Is this alright?" He leaned back and placed his arms on the back of the couch "Anything you want lassie." She smiled and rolled her eyes as she turned on the movie. She leaned back and snuggled into her blanket. Despite the genre, (Y/N) found herself falling asleep due to boredom.

The pair had conversed in the beginning, but eventually, the conversations had stopped. Allistor watched the sleeping woman. He shifted and moved her to rest in his arms. She unconsciously smiled and snuggled in closer to him. He allowed his own eyes to close. Matthew walked down the stairs and paused in the living room. He didn't expect to come across the scene. He smiled and left the two asleep after shutting off the television. He'd wake them later.

Author's Note:

I hope you enjoyed the chapter.

Once again, this is my own take on Scotland's character. If you have another take I'd be interested in hearing it.

The next character will be North Italy a.k.a Feliciano.